Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Stop Losing Money: Here’s Why You Should Get Help With Your TaxesAccording to Benjamin Franklin, there are only two things certain in life: death and taxes. Unfortunately, this year’s April 18th tax deadline is fast approaching. With a tax code that is 74,608 pages long and changes being made yearly, it’s almost impossible for an individual to be aware of all the tax credits or deductions […]
- 5 Important Things Women Often Overlook Because They’re in LOVEI love my husband. I’ve known him for 20 years and we’ve been married for over 8 years. We have two kids together and a third on the way. Our lives aren’t perfect, but we certainly love what we have built. We’ve been blessed. But can I tell you a secret? My love for him […]
- 3 Things Women Hear When He Says, “We’re Just Friends” that Lead to HeartbreakYou are seriously dating a man (at least you think it’s serious because you are giving him all of your time), but he tells you that you are just friends. What does this mean? Most importantly, what do you hear when he says this? (READ: What a Man Really Means When He Says He Just Wants […]
- The Very First Thing You Should Do When You Want to Improve Communication with Your SpouseThe one thing that people often overlook, when they are trying to improve communication with their spouse, is some critical but necessary self-reflection. You see, when you are lacking in communication skills with your spouse, often times, its because the communication patterns, that were useful at one point in your life, are now outdated and just […]
- Step Family Life: 5 Very Real Concerns of a Biological MotherWhen my husband proposed to me, I was elated. He was finally going to put a ring on it after six months of dating. This was in 1999, so I realize this may seem odd. However, I knew in my heart that he was my husband and I told him this. I knew in my […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage is Going to Be OKHave you ever gotten to a point in your marriage where you thought you and your spouse would never overcome a certain situation? So many marriages reach a period of time where the couple may question everything about their union. Stress, disagreements and just life can easily take us to a negative space where we […]
- 4 Ways to Prevent Emotional Baggage From Ruining Your New RelationshipsInitially when we meet people we meet their representative- the perfect, good behavior version of themselves. But, at what point do you meet the real person? As the relationship is growing towards monogamy and possibly marriage, when are the masks removed, allowing full disclosure to come into play? When do you meet, see and/or discuss […]
- Help! My Husband and I Don’t Agree on When It Is Appropriate to Give Our Child Access to a Cell PhoneDear Dr. Buckingham, My husband and I have different views about age appropriateness when it comes to the use of cell phones by our children.When is it appropriate to give a child access to your cell phone? What if one parent does not think the child will read his or her text messages? What if […]
- Black Buyers Beware: How to Avoid the Retail “Black Tax”I still remember the afternoon I went in search of a new car. Inside the Toyota showroom a Black salesperson casually strolled my way making amiable small talk. When I asked how much I could get off the sticker price (also known as the MSRP or Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) he looked me straight in […]
- Couples: 5 Things to Do When You’re Sick and Tired of Being Sick and TiredHave you ever felt like, during a disagreement with your spouse, that you’ve been there and done that? Maybe it has started to feel like deja vu whenever you and your spouse are at odds. Arguing over the same behaviors over and over again is tiring. It will put an unnecessary strain on your marriage […]
- Stop Losing Money: Here’s Why You Should Get Help With Your Taxes
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: June 2010
www.illholiday.com-Things aint what they seem to be…Everybody in this game aint who they claim to be. the whole of the world is a Hustle!
J. Period explains how he makes timeless Mixtapes with A-List artists around the globe. He has worked with everyone from the Lengendary Roots Crew, and Alicia Keys to Lauryn Hill and Nigerian Songstress NNEKA. Included in this video are tips for aspiring dj’s on what you can do to step up your game.
If you don’t know who he is download about 3 of his mixtapes and then come back and watch this video.
www.illholiday.com- Old Spice Spoof from 11-year old. And yep, he must be an iLLIGAN!
www.illholiday.com- If you don’t know who NNEKA is, you really need to get up on your hip hop. She is being compared to Lauryn Hill at her peak. She can rap and sing very well. She has a real heart for her native land of Nigeria. While attending school in Germany she developed a love for hip hop. Though, starting out as a rapper was short-lived her message never allowed her to keep the music in.
Nneka sings about greed, poverty, and misuse of power. You know, basically the opposite of what you’d expect to hear from the top female hip hop artist in the game.
Nigerian Rapper let’s the world know he became hot by Spitting ridiculousness hard… check out M.I.
“A Million Here…A Million There! A Million Rappers That Will Swear by They Underwear- But Still There is Only One iLL!”
www.illholiday.com- “If I am good for nothing-At least I failed my way in a world of dreams. Not your way in a reality hopelessness.” -iDouble
I never knew of the name Alexander Hamilton, but now I wish I knew him personally. Lin Manuel Miranda tells the story of this great man to the president of the United States in the form of a rap. Now, I don’t know if I’m more inspired by Alexander Hamilton (poor Caribbean orphan who became Treasury Secretary of the United States) or Lin Manuel Miranda (Tony and Grammy award winning lyricist who rapped for the president).
I think I have come to the conclusion that they both are pretty iLL!
We don’t call them Pirates. We consider them our Coast Guard! Continue reading
www.illholiday.com- If you have been sleeping under a rock, you may not know who K’naan is… Though he is not in heavy rotation on American hip hop stations, K’naan is a world-class emcee! He not only raps, but sings about the pain of leaving many friends behind in his native country Somalia. Waving Flag gives a small glimpse into his experience and touches the hearts of world citizens. It encourages unity and is serving as the perfect theme song for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Google it to see the remix and Coca-Cola versions.
www.illholiday.com- Today’s inpiration comes from a Nigerian singer named Asa.
So many times we lock others into our comfort zone. We are comfortable being the smartest, richest, strongest in our circle of influence. When things shake up and others emerge as being better that us, it is important to free them to express their inner excellence. Otherwise, we trap them and in return lock away our own brilliance. I’m talking to you Jailer!
As if you didn’t know Janelle steals the Show anytime she hits the flo!
Watch. Listen. Enjoy.
Seems like this could have come about 10yrs ago. Either way it goes, I’m still lookin forward to it!
Coming to a TV near you!
www.illholiday.com- I know, I know! I have posted every version of this song. I had to though! This is for everyone who wonders what people mean when they say “Real Hip Hop”. The Roots crew have been holdin it down through hip hop’s coming of age. Nuff Respect- Dear God 2.0
www.iLLholiday.com is the first to bring you L.E.G.’s new single FISHERMAN. This song encompasses the passion that Christians feel about spreading the message of Christ. Open yo mind to hear the Legends Speak!
Fisherman- Legend Entertainment Group::CLICK HERE
Way before Robin Thicke, there was Jon B! Now I’m not white and I can’t sing, But I do have soul and so does he! Enjoy iLLIGANS!
www.illholiday.com- Now this is how you party!
Aint nothin like rockin with a live band. No band in history has made the contributions to hip hop that The Roots has. Check out the LIVE version of their latest single, Dear God 2.0.
We offer you this new single off of Braille’s new album[Still Un-named}. Braille offers his timeless swag on a new track about leaving everything that keeps you from being the true you.
::Braille -Going Home:: CLICK HERE
This unmastered studio leak is already turning industry heads and catching the attention of those digging this new era of meaningful hip hop!
To learn more about Braille, visit him at http://www.myspace.com/bigbraille.
So many things in life are not reversible. There are things like words, certain injuries, broken trust, and anything that has been burned. Ogilvy shows us that the effects of AIDS, however is not one of them. There are not alot of ads for giving that move me, but this one did. Did it move you?