Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- What it Means to Embrace a Dating Relationship Done God’s Way“I did it my way!” This is a line from a well known and well covered Frank Sinatra song “My Way.” The lyrics to the song feed into this idea that a life well lived is one where I call all the shots and, regardless of regrets, it couldn’t have been better because well, “I […]
- 3 Reasons Couples Get Divorced in January and How You Can Avoid ItNo one ever wants to imagine that the joy of saying “I do” will one day end in a trip to the courthouse with a request to call it quits. Before getting married, many couples foresee a lifetime of love peppered with challenges. In their hearts and minds, each couple is convinced there is nothing […]
- Five Lies You Tell Yourself When You Decide to CheatLies. Lies. Lies. When you make a decision to go outside of your relationship with your spouse to get a certain need met that you are convinced you can’t have met within your marriage, you usually come up with some excuse that, on the surface, appears plausible. Well, let me cut straight to it. You […]
- I Am in Love With a Married Man: How Do I Let Go?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been dealing with a married man for a while and I know its wrong, but we just got caught up. I want to walk away and just let it all go, but I didn’t know it would be this hard. I fell in love with him and I don’t know how […]
- 3 Easy Solutions to Cure Your Loneliness When You’re Single“I fought so hard to get this house,” she told me. “But when I come home after a long day of work and I look at the hinges hanging off the doors, I think to myself, ‘do I really have to do this thing called life on my own?!'” The words from this powerful, strong, […]
- Here’s How to Use Prayer to Resolve Conflict in Your MarriageConflict, unfortunately, doesn’t always end with peaceful solutions. When relationship conflicts can’t be resolved, there you’ll find damaged egos, hurt feelings, hateful words, and, sometimes, the end of a marriage. If you feel like your relationship is beyond the point of help, and the conflict has just demolished the communication, the trust, and every other part of your relationship, […]
- 5 Ways to Kick Financial Infidelity Out of Your Marriage in 2018Financial infidelity, like romantic infidelity, is rooted in deception, lying, and secrecy. Instead of holding your cards close to your chest when it comes to your relationship with another person, financial infidelity surfaces when you purposely mislead and withhold information about money and money matters. In December 2010, Harris Interactive fielded the Financial Deception with Partners study on behalf […]
- Are You Prepared? These 4 Things Can Make or Break Your MarriageMy 13 year old son recently asked me a question that many of you are probably familiar with. It’s the good old, “If you fill a glass half full of water, is the glass half full or half empty?” Naturally, I responded with the very wise, adult answer of, “well, it depends on your perspective.” […]
- Should I Disown My Sister For Cheating With My Husband?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My marriage has been torn apart because of the actions of two people that I love to the moon and back. My husband of 6 years slept with my younger sister. My younger sister came to stay with us after she graduated college. We allowed her to stay with us until she […]
- Girl, Wake Up! These 7 Signs Say He’s Stringing You AlongYou have off-the-charts chemistry and he says he’s never felt a connection like this with anyone else before. Maybe you’ve been dating for a while, but you don’t know where you stand with him. Does he want something serious? Is he just moving slow? Or is he stringing you along? You should be excited that […]
- What it Means to Embrace a Dating Relationship Done God’s Way
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: June 2010
www.illholiday.com-Things aint what they seem to be…Everybody in this game aint who they claim to be. the whole of the world is a Hustle!
J. Period explains how he makes timeless Mixtapes with A-List artists around the globe. He has worked with everyone from the Lengendary Roots Crew, and Alicia Keys to Lauryn Hill and Nigerian Songstress NNEKA. Included in this video are tips for aspiring dj’s on what you can do to step up your game.
If you don’t know who he is download about 3 of his mixtapes and then come back and watch this video.
www.illholiday.com- Old Spice Spoof from 11-year old. And yep, he must be an iLLIGAN!
www.illholiday.com- If you don’t know who NNEKA is, you really need to get up on your hip hop. She is being compared to Lauryn Hill at her peak. She can rap and sing very well. She has a real heart for her native land of Nigeria. While attending school in Germany she developed a love for hip hop. Though, starting out as a rapper was short-lived her message never allowed her to keep the music in.
Nneka sings about greed, poverty, and misuse of power. You know, basically the opposite of what you’d expect to hear from the top female hip hop artist in the game.
Nigerian Rapper let’s the world know he became hot by Spitting ridiculousness hard… check out M.I.
“A Million Here…A Million There! A Million Rappers That Will Swear by They Underwear- But Still There is Only One iLL!”
www.illholiday.com- “If I am good for nothing-At least I failed my way in a world of dreams. Not your way in a reality hopelessness.” -iDouble
I never knew of the name Alexander Hamilton, but now I wish I knew him personally. Lin Manuel Miranda tells the story of this great man to the president of the United States in the form of a rap. Now, I don’t know if I’m more inspired by Alexander Hamilton (poor Caribbean orphan who became Treasury Secretary of the United States) or Lin Manuel Miranda (Tony and Grammy award winning lyricist who rapped for the president).
I think I have come to the conclusion that they both are pretty iLL!
We don’t call them Pirates. We consider them our Coast Guard! Continue reading
www.illholiday.com- If you have been sleeping under a rock, you may not know who K’naan is… Though he is not in heavy rotation on American hip hop stations, K’naan is a world-class emcee! He not only raps, but sings about the pain of leaving many friends behind in his native country Somalia. Waving Flag gives a small glimpse into his experience and touches the hearts of world citizens. It encourages unity and is serving as the perfect theme song for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Google it to see the remix and Coca-Cola versions.
www.illholiday.com- Today’s inpiration comes from a Nigerian singer named Asa.
So many times we lock others into our comfort zone. We are comfortable being the smartest, richest, strongest in our circle of influence. When things shake up and others emerge as being better that us, it is important to free them to express their inner excellence. Otherwise, we trap them and in return lock away our own brilliance. I’m talking to you Jailer!
As if you didn’t know Janelle steals the Show anytime she hits the flo!
Watch. Listen. Enjoy.
Seems like this could have come about 10yrs ago. Either way it goes, I’m still lookin forward to it!
Coming to a TV near you!
www.illholiday.com- I know, I know! I have posted every version of this song. I had to though! This is for everyone who wonders what people mean when they say “Real Hip Hop”. The Roots crew have been holdin it down through hip hop’s coming of age. Nuff Respect- Dear God 2.0
www.iLLholiday.com is the first to bring you L.E.G.’s new single FISHERMAN. This song encompasses the passion that Christians feel about spreading the message of Christ. Open yo mind to hear the Legends Speak!
Fisherman- Legend Entertainment Group::CLICK HERE
Way before Robin Thicke, there was Jon B! Now I’m not white and I can’t sing, But I do have soul and so does he! Enjoy iLLIGANS!
www.illholiday.com- Now this is how you party!
Aint nothin like rockin with a live band. No band in history has made the contributions to hip hop that The Roots has. Check out the LIVE version of their latest single, Dear God 2.0.
We offer you this new single off of Braille’s new album[Still Un-named}. Braille offers his timeless swag on a new track about leaving everything that keeps you from being the true you.
::Braille -Going Home:: CLICK HERE
This unmastered studio leak is already turning industry heads and catching the attention of those digging this new era of meaningful hip hop!
To learn more about Braille, visit him at http://www.myspace.com/bigbraille.
So many things in life are not reversible. There are things like words, certain injuries, broken trust, and anything that has been burned. Ogilvy shows us that the effects of AIDS, however is not one of them. There are not alot of ads for giving that move me, but this one did. Did it move you?