Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 19 Years Old, Single and Curious: What is a Good Age to Get Married?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I’m 19 years old (not dating), and would like to be married one day. Just out of curiosity, what do you think is a good age for one to get married, and how old do you think is too young? Thank you 🙂 Young and Curious Dear Young and Curious, Thanks for asking such […]
- Is Your Marriage Worth the Fight? 6 Things to Consider Before You Call It QuitsWhen you commit your life to someone you don’t just commit to the good times, because the bad times are inevitable. There will be rough seasons and challenges that every relationship will face. Some of those challenges will push you to your limits and test your love. Some will have you thinking that you are […]
- 3 Marriage Hacks That Will Instantly Improve Your RelationshipI’ve been married for almost 9 years to a man I’ve been friends with for over 20 years. What we have isn’t perfect but it works. It’s perfect for us. We’ve faced ups and downs, but we have always done our best to maintain a healthy, happy marriage. We figure if we consistently take small […]
- 3 Warning Signs Someone Is Bread-crumbing You and Isn’t Worth Your TimeHas this ever happened to you? You meet a man (maybe using a dating app) and you have great conversation. He sends you text messages every day and he calls you every night for a week. He then says, “We should get together on Saturday,” and he tells you about one of his favorite restaurants […]
- How to Be a Mom and an Entrepreneur without Failing at BothWhen I began this entrepreneurship journey several years ago, I knew one thing and one thing only: I did not want to work for anyone ever again in my life. I had been fired twice from jobs because I put my kids’ health first. The last full-time job I had was with the federal government. […]
- 5 of the Greatest Life Lessons I’ve Learned Since I’ve Been MarriedDuring my commute last week, I heard a song by Fantasia for the first time called When I Met You. One of the lines in the song really caused me to reflect on my marriage and who I’ve become since I got married almost 20 years ago. The line was “When I met you, I […]
- Chuck E. Cheese’s is Turning 40 and They Are Trying to Set a World RecordYou may not be aware of this, but over the last year I have been participating as a social media ambassador for Chuck E. Cheese’s. I’ve joined a group of social media influencers (named Chuck E. Champions) and we have been tasked with spreading the word about all of the exciting changes and activities that Chuck […]
- #StayWoke: How to Keep Money Problems From Keeping You Awake at NightAre you tossing and turning thinking about your bills? Losing sleep over mounting student loan or credit card debt? If so, you’re not alone. According to a CreditCards.com national survey, sixty-five percent of respondents admitted to losing sleep over money problems, a level of financial insomnia not seen since the Great Recession. At the the […]
- 8 Old School Ways to Meet PeopleMost singles have a sincere desire to be in a committed monogamous relationship. However connecting with the right person in 2017 can be challenging, especially in the real world. With the number of dating apps available, having someone spend their evenings swiping right to left, and constantly viewing profiles on dating websites can cause Online […]
- How I Went from Feeling Lonely to Being Loved on Mother’s DayI never thought I would be a person that made a big deal out of Mother’s Day. You see, those types of holidays didn’t really excite me. Don’t get me wrong, I always took time to honor my mom on Mother’s Day. But I did not know the day was going to mean so much […]
- 19 Years Old, Single and Curious: What is a Good Age to Get Married?
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: June 2010
www.illholiday.com-Things aint what they seem to be…Everybody in this game aint who they claim to be. the whole of the world is a Hustle!
J. Period explains how he makes timeless Mixtapes with A-List artists around the globe. He has worked with everyone from the Lengendary Roots Crew, and Alicia Keys to Lauryn Hill and Nigerian Songstress NNEKA. Included in this video are tips for aspiring dj’s on what you can do to step up your game.
If you don’t know who he is download about 3 of his mixtapes and then come back and watch this video.
www.illholiday.com- Old Spice Spoof from 11-year old. And yep, he must be an iLLIGAN!
www.illholiday.com- If you don’t know who NNEKA is, you really need to get up on your hip hop. She is being compared to Lauryn Hill at her peak. She can rap and sing very well. She has a real heart for her native land of Nigeria. While attending school in Germany she developed a love for hip hop. Though, starting out as a rapper was short-lived her message never allowed her to keep the music in.
Nneka sings about greed, poverty, and misuse of power. You know, basically the opposite of what you’d expect to hear from the top female hip hop artist in the game.
Nigerian Rapper let’s the world know he became hot by Spitting ridiculousness hard… check out M.I.
“A Million Here…A Million There! A Million Rappers That Will Swear by They Underwear- But Still There is Only One iLL!”
www.illholiday.com- “If I am good for nothing-At least I failed my way in a world of dreams. Not your way in a reality hopelessness.” -iDouble
I never knew of the name Alexander Hamilton, but now I wish I knew him personally. Lin Manuel Miranda tells the story of this great man to the president of the United States in the form of a rap. Now, I don’t know if I’m more inspired by Alexander Hamilton (poor Caribbean orphan who became Treasury Secretary of the United States) or Lin Manuel Miranda (Tony and Grammy award winning lyricist who rapped for the president).
I think I have come to the conclusion that they both are pretty iLL!
We don’t call them Pirates. We consider them our Coast Guard! Continue reading
www.illholiday.com- If you have been sleeping under a rock, you may not know who K’naan is… Though he is not in heavy rotation on American hip hop stations, K’naan is a world-class emcee! He not only raps, but sings about the pain of leaving many friends behind in his native country Somalia. Waving Flag gives a small glimpse into his experience and touches the hearts of world citizens. It encourages unity and is serving as the perfect theme song for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Google it to see the remix and Coca-Cola versions.
www.illholiday.com- Today’s inpiration comes from a Nigerian singer named Asa.
So many times we lock others into our comfort zone. We are comfortable being the smartest, richest, strongest in our circle of influence. When things shake up and others emerge as being better that us, it is important to free them to express their inner excellence. Otherwise, we trap them and in return lock away our own brilliance. I’m talking to you Jailer!
As if you didn’t know Janelle steals the Show anytime she hits the flo!
Watch. Listen. Enjoy.
Seems like this could have come about 10yrs ago. Either way it goes, I’m still lookin forward to it!
Coming to a TV near you!
www.illholiday.com- I know, I know! I have posted every version of this song. I had to though! This is for everyone who wonders what people mean when they say “Real Hip Hop”. The Roots crew have been holdin it down through hip hop’s coming of age. Nuff Respect- Dear God 2.0
www.iLLholiday.com is the first to bring you L.E.G.’s new single FISHERMAN. This song encompasses the passion that Christians feel about spreading the message of Christ. Open yo mind to hear the Legends Speak!
Fisherman- Legend Entertainment Group::CLICK HERE
Way before Robin Thicke, there was Jon B! Now I’m not white and I can’t sing, But I do have soul and so does he! Enjoy iLLIGANS!
www.illholiday.com- Now this is how you party!
Aint nothin like rockin with a live band. No band in history has made the contributions to hip hop that The Roots has. Check out the LIVE version of their latest single, Dear God 2.0.
We offer you this new single off of Braille’s new album[Still Un-named}. Braille offers his timeless swag on a new track about leaving everything that keeps you from being the true you.
::Braille -Going Home:: CLICK HERE
This unmastered studio leak is already turning industry heads and catching the attention of those digging this new era of meaningful hip hop!
To learn more about Braille, visit him at http://www.myspace.com/bigbraille.
So many things in life are not reversible. There are things like words, certain injuries, broken trust, and anything that has been burned. Ogilvy shows us that the effects of AIDS, however is not one of them. There are not alot of ads for giving that move me, but this one did. Did it move you?