Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Benefits or Backbone? 4 Reasons to Stop Wasting Time in a Bad RelationshipBy: Ankunda Carrolyn Growing up as a Non-Christian, all I ever wanted was a man who could love me, spoil me with gifts, provide for me, and take care of me (which isn’t bad, by the way). My spiritual eyes had not been opened yet to the importance of marrying a spiritual man. I later […]
- Too Comfortable? 5 Ways to Breathe Life into Your Dull MarriageBy: Dr. George James Has your relationship lost its spark? Maybe you and your partner have become too comfortable with each other and you don’t make the effort anymore. The good thing is that this is a normal phase in every relationship. The bad thing is, if you allow your relationship to get stuck in […]
- Marriage and Money: 4 Easy Steps to Financial Closeness with Your SpouseThis is part of a sponsored campaign with Wells Fargo. All opinions are my own. Recently, I had such a wonderful time sitting on BMWK’s Financial Intimacy panel sponsored by Wells Fargo. Founders of BMWK, Ronnie and Lamar Tyler, strategically positioned this discussion as the kick-off event to their 3rd annual BMWK Marriage Cruise—to make […]
- My Husband’s Sick Mom is Destroying Our Marriage. What Should I Do?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My husband and I have been married for five years. Recently, I left our home that we have shared for the last seven years. His mother is living there now that she is ill, but she has been saying hurtful things to me which caused me to leave for the last month. […]
- It Takes a Squad: 3 Types of Friends Every Woman Needs to Hold Her Down When She’s DatingHave you seen the movie, Girls’ Trip? Theaters around the country were smelling like cocoa butter and coconut oil because the “Sistas” showed up and showed out, making this film a box office success! Maybe we were so excited to finally have a celebration of #BlackGirlMagic and our friendships on the big screen (We haven’t […]
- 3 Ways to Fight for Your Marriage (and Win) After an AffairAffairs are messy. I’m not trying to be glib but for lack of a better word, messy just fits. Everything becomes a mess when a man, or woman, “puts asunder” what God has joined together in holy matrimony. When asked to write this article, I was first reminded of the fight of my life. My marriage […]
- Here’s How My Life and My Marriage Changed When I Allowed God’s Plan to Take OverBy: Angelique Redus-McCoy Two years ago, my family and I moved from our hometown to a city that, quite truthfully, had never been on our radar. I left a job that I loved and where I felt loved. We left the home where we started our family, a home I could’ve lived in forever. We left […]
- Parents: Seek Advice or Parent on the Fly? These 5 Tips Could Help You DecideBy: Dr. George James Is there a perfect way to be a parent? Maybe you’ve read all the books, heard all the stories and watched all the videos. At the same time, there’s a part of you that has tried to figure it out on your own. It is normal to oscillate between wanting support […]
- Did My Husband Cross the Line by Agreeing to Sleep with My Sister So That We Could Have a Baby?Dear Dr. Buckingham, Please help me work through my anger and disappointment with my husband. I married my husband who was also my high school sweet heart. We have been together 10 years and have had problems over the past two years because I recently learned that I could not have children. This has caused […]
- Try These 3 Knock Out Punches When Fighting to Turn Your Marriage AroundWere you deeply in love with your spouse when you got married? Most people are. Here is the person who you have taken the time to get to know, appreciate, adore, and then love. A future together feels right. So, you take the leap. You jump the broom. You join the club. And, for a […]
- Benefits or Backbone? 4 Reasons to Stop Wasting Time in a Bad Relationship
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: June 2010
www.illholiday.com-Things aint what they seem to be…Everybody in this game aint who they claim to be. the whole of the world is a Hustle!
J. Period explains how he makes timeless Mixtapes with A-List artists around the globe. He has worked with everyone from the Lengendary Roots Crew, and Alicia Keys to Lauryn Hill and Nigerian Songstress NNEKA. Included in this video are tips for aspiring dj’s on what you can do to step up your game.
If you don’t know who he is download about 3 of his mixtapes and then come back and watch this video.
www.illholiday.com- Old Spice Spoof from 11-year old. And yep, he must be an iLLIGAN!
www.illholiday.com- If you don’t know who NNEKA is, you really need to get up on your hip hop. She is being compared to Lauryn Hill at her peak. She can rap and sing very well. She has a real heart for her native land of Nigeria. While attending school in Germany she developed a love for hip hop. Though, starting out as a rapper was short-lived her message never allowed her to keep the music in.
Nneka sings about greed, poverty, and misuse of power. You know, basically the opposite of what you’d expect to hear from the top female hip hop artist in the game.
Nigerian Rapper let’s the world know he became hot by Spitting ridiculousness hard… check out M.I.
“A Million Here…A Million There! A Million Rappers That Will Swear by They Underwear- But Still There is Only One iLL!”
www.illholiday.com- “If I am good for nothing-At least I failed my way in a world of dreams. Not your way in a reality hopelessness.” -iDouble
I never knew of the name Alexander Hamilton, but now I wish I knew him personally. Lin Manuel Miranda tells the story of this great man to the president of the United States in the form of a rap. Now, I don’t know if I’m more inspired by Alexander Hamilton (poor Caribbean orphan who became Treasury Secretary of the United States) or Lin Manuel Miranda (Tony and Grammy award winning lyricist who rapped for the president).
I think I have come to the conclusion that they both are pretty iLL!
We don’t call them Pirates. We consider them our Coast Guard! Continue reading
www.illholiday.com- If you have been sleeping under a rock, you may not know who K’naan is… Though he is not in heavy rotation on American hip hop stations, K’naan is a world-class emcee! He not only raps, but sings about the pain of leaving many friends behind in his native country Somalia. Waving Flag gives a small glimpse into his experience and touches the hearts of world citizens. It encourages unity and is serving as the perfect theme song for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Google it to see the remix and Coca-Cola versions.
www.illholiday.com- Today’s inpiration comes from a Nigerian singer named Asa.
So many times we lock others into our comfort zone. We are comfortable being the smartest, richest, strongest in our circle of influence. When things shake up and others emerge as being better that us, it is important to free them to express their inner excellence. Otherwise, we trap them and in return lock away our own brilliance. I’m talking to you Jailer!
As if you didn’t know Janelle steals the Show anytime she hits the flo!
Watch. Listen. Enjoy.
Seems like this could have come about 10yrs ago. Either way it goes, I’m still lookin forward to it!
Coming to a TV near you!
www.illholiday.com- I know, I know! I have posted every version of this song. I had to though! This is for everyone who wonders what people mean when they say “Real Hip Hop”. The Roots crew have been holdin it down through hip hop’s coming of age. Nuff Respect- Dear God 2.0
www.iLLholiday.com is the first to bring you L.E.G.’s new single FISHERMAN. This song encompasses the passion that Christians feel about spreading the message of Christ. Open yo mind to hear the Legends Speak!
Fisherman- Legend Entertainment Group::CLICK HERE
Way before Robin Thicke, there was Jon B! Now I’m not white and I can’t sing, But I do have soul and so does he! Enjoy iLLIGANS!
www.illholiday.com- Now this is how you party!
Aint nothin like rockin with a live band. No band in history has made the contributions to hip hop that The Roots has. Check out the LIVE version of their latest single, Dear God 2.0.
We offer you this new single off of Braille’s new album[Still Un-named}. Braille offers his timeless swag on a new track about leaving everything that keeps you from being the true you.
::Braille -Going Home:: CLICK HERE
This unmastered studio leak is already turning industry heads and catching the attention of those digging this new era of meaningful hip hop!
To learn more about Braille, visit him at http://www.myspace.com/bigbraille.
So many things in life are not reversible. There are things like words, certain injuries, broken trust, and anything that has been burned. Ogilvy shows us that the effects of AIDS, however is not one of them. There are not alot of ads for giving that move me, but this one did. Did it move you?