Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught MeAnniversaries are super special in my house. I would never have imagined being married to my husband for eighteen years. Real talk, my parents didn’t even think my husband Don and I would remain married past the first six months. They expressed this to us more times than I can count. Why would my parents […]
- 5 Habits of People with Money… They All Do This!There are many many ways that people with money make the money, from starting their own business, to real-estate investing, to a having a highly successful career, or to investing in stocks. However, no matter how they make the money, the people with money have these 5 basic habits in common. 1. Create a budget […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage Needs Help (And How to Get It) Ever felt like something in your marriage was a little off? Maybe you and your partner just weren’t connecting the way you should and you knew you both could do so much better. Well, the truth is, you can. The very first step toward doing better is recognizing something is wrong. When couples aren’t on […]
- 5 Conversations You Can’t Avoid If You Want A Happy MarriageIn order for your marriage to stand the test of time, you have to be able to communicate your needs, frustrations, desires, and so much more. Without communication, your marriage inevitably suffers. Effective communication is the cornerstone of a happy marriage. But what some people fail to realize is that it’s not just a matter […]
- 30 Serious Consequences of Infidelity…Take HeedInfidelity is by far one of the worst things that can transpire in marriage. Trust me, I know from personal experience! It violates everything built between you and your spouse in such a personal way. Majority of us who’ve been cheated on didn’t see it coming…I know I was blindsided for sure! “I am deeply […]
- Help My Wife Left Me! How Can I Become a More Nurturing and Sensitive Husband?Dr. Buckingham, I feel like I am in hell. I am separated from my wife and do not know how things got so messed up so quickly. She recently moved out with our 10 year old and 14 year old children. I tried my best to be a good father and husband, but my wife […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You May Have Already Met Your Perfect Match and You Don’t Even Know ItWhere are all the good men? If you’re a smart, successful, marriage-minded sista, and you’ve found yourself asking that question out of frustration, I have some good news. According to some experts, once a woman turns 30, there’s a 70% chance she’s already met the love of her life. Your future husband could be a former classmate, […]
- 5 Things Every Wife Needs Her Husband to UnderstandIf there is anything almost nine years of marriage has taught me, it’s that I can’t get my husband to read my mind. Yep, despite my best efforts, that brotha just can’t do it. Consider it a shortcoming if you must, but I realize that he’s just human. My husband is actually human. Shocking, right? […]
- How to Stay Together When Your Family and Friends Want You to DivorceFor years, my husband Don and I had an extremely rocky marriage. During those tumultuous years, I confided in a lot of girlfriends. I told them everything he did and did not do. I was painting a picture of him that had them not speaking to him or wanting to be around him. When things […]
- Communication in Marriage: 4 Signs You and Your Spouse are Finally MaturingOkay let’s be honest…if you’re with someone for any extended period an argument or two is inevitable. Sometimes the smallest things just turn into WWII for no reason. Emotions get high, things are said that shouldn’t be, and then a week later you’re still mad at each other. Let’s just say my wife and I […]
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught Me
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: July 2010
www.illholiday.com- Open up your mind to open up your possibilities. Check out this independent short by one of Indy’s most gifted independent film makers- Charlie Williams. Charlie is CEO of Ebony Daylight Productions.
His trademark is his ability to intrigue the viewer with an unusually good quality of production and all local talent. The lead in and ending song is by one of our best singer-songwriter’s Mudd Jones. Without further ado, here is the world premier of the short film Telekinesis!
Tony Styxx is a name that has become synonymous with talent on the Indy Art Scene. Though his day job has him working with under-privileged youth; his night job is to rock the mic! This dude is an emcee, poet, and beat-box extraordinaire.
Check him out as he gives attendees at Indy’s Best Known Open Mic event “Spoken Soul Food Sundays” a real taste of one of Hip Hop’s core elements, Beat-box! Follow him: @Tony_Styxx
www.illholiday.com- I can’t believe I just watched this whole video. I can’t believe I’m sharing it either. When you get past the corny rhymes, it’s kinda funny. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Today I learned a valuable lesson. When there is thirst, water can flow. Indianapolis has long been a thirsty market, but there has always been a mysterious lack of star quality in much of its homegrown talent. Well, Tiara Thomas surprised me with her ability to not only do the acoustic/ emcee/ singer thing, but also by the possessing the “it” factor.
I must say I have a definition of “it” that may be different than the next music lover. When I say “it”, I’m not talking about just a pretty face, pretty voice, or great combination of the two. Tiara has a certain mixture of grace and confidence that immediately lets the audience know, “Hey, even though I’m good at what I do, I still want to make sure I connect with you.” Not many artists, local or mainstream, have that. She has a genuinely good voice. Even in the transition from rapping the verse to singing the hook; you could tell there was a certain mastery of the material that is polished through practice, but only works when it comes naturally. I must also say that I’m a sucker for covers. Her covers of Drake’s Say Something and Forever did not hurt at all. After doing my homework, I learned that Tiara has not been under a rock, I have. One thing I know is, by the LIVE set I just witnessed, the name Tiara Thomas is about to quickly outgrow this cozy music market and land on the front of a mass of hungry music minds.
iLL Rating 8.0/10
King Solomon said “My son, keep my words, And treasure my commands within you. Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart. Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” And call understanding your nearest kin, That they may keep you from the immoral woman, From the seductress who flatters with her words.”
Heartbreak’s home is right around the corner from them girls on the Boulevard. I used to have a thing for girls who showed no interest in “nice” guys. In high school a girl once told me, you are the type of guy I would marry, but not the type of guy I would date. Back then I couldn’t see why I wasn’t date-able. Even though I wasn’t on no Steve Urkel type stuff; I still wasn’t into playing games. I wanted to have a girl to call mine.
Fast forward to today, I see how much that says about a person when they have that thriving urge to get to the Boulevard. Check out this song by some guys who I met in ATL at a show we both were performing at. Even though I can’t roll with the message in every one of their songs; I was diggin their sound then, and I dig this cut. They used to be called Futureshock, but now go by the name of Weapon’s of Audio.
www.illholiday.com- I haven’t heard a song celebrating a father’s love for his children like this one does. Everyday children are conceived in love and raised in love. We sometimes forget to take time to recognize just how special a father’s love is for his children. I am so grateful to have a heavenly father that has allowed me to have a great earthly father. HE has doubled the impact of a father’s love in my life. I am a shadow of the greatness of my father. I have learned to love my children more deeply because of my earthly and heavenly fathers’ examples. Sade has brought it to my attention that my daddy’s love comes with a lifetime guarantee! Watch: Babyfather by one of Africa’s finest…SADE!
www.illholiday.com- Never Under-Estimate the powers of the iPad! This makes me kinda wish I had one…
www.illholiday.com- Where was I at when this movie came out? Well, this is a rental I have to see!
www.illholiday.com- Aint it funny how the money keep on flowing to the Masters? In the world’s biggest disasters they boatin and gettin plastered. Earth’s precious elements choke life away from the masses. Black is the color of shame, unless you throwin or catching passes. But black is the same asset that most empires are after. If they lack it then they’ll smash any nation to get the Blackness!
After they strip the blackness, they refine it and call it gas it’s- the same thing they did with the slaves to become the Masters. -iLL Holiday
Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek are…Reflection Eternal.
Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek release a brand new music video for “Ballad of the Black Gold”, an ode to the oil crisis.
www.illholiday.com- So here’s the deal! Style knows style when style is Real. America’s Top Model Contestant Shaya Ali stars in this independent film shot at the Drake Hotel in Chicago. If you like independent films, I think you might enjoy this! Drop a line and let us know what you think.
www.illholiday.com- One of the most anticipated shows of 2010 is going down at the Jazz Kitchen. old soul ent. and Twin Peaks present Kool’s Bazaar Album Release Party. Yours truly will be hostin and Dj Rasul will be coastin. Throw on yo good good gear and make sure to bring your boo here. It’s going DOWN!
Experience the Bazaar at facebook.com/koolsbazaar
Stay Fresher under the Pressure & Doper than the rest of the Culture! Have your day to day getaway in these summertime foot pieces. Ronnie Fieg is one of the dopest shoe designers in the game right now…