Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018For many of us, 2017 had its ups and downs. We may be up personally but down politically; up spiritually but down financially. Regardless of our trajectory on any given issue, the one thing that was always on the level was our relationship with our Boo. The love was real. The fun was real. The […]
- 3 Reasons Why the Holidays are the Best Time to Find LoveWhen you’re single for the holidays, it seems like there’s a never ending string of reminders that your relationship status is stuck at “it’s complicated,” despite everything you’ve tried. December brings Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and with it, parties that require a “plus one.” You also get bombarded with a flood of engagement announcements […]
- My Fiancée is a Nervous Wreck: Can Therapy or Medication Fix Her Anxious Behavior?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My fiancée has issues with anxiety and I am not sure if I can cope with her issue for a lifetime. She is always anxious and her moodiness is driving me crazy. Whenever she feels overwhelmed, she shuts down and becomes unproductive. I asked her if we could start planning our wedding […]
- Sisters: Consider These 3 Important Things Before Giving Up the GoodsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Sex is a natural part of human life. We don’t have to deny it and we shouldn’t feel ashamed to talk about it. As women, we’ve been so conditioned to think a certain way and act a certain way to be labeled as a ‘lady’ or a ‘good woman’ to ensure […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You Want a Relationship for All the Wrong ReasonsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Relationships are a great thing when they are right. Two people coming together and sharing a deep, loving bond that is pure, honest, genuine and nothing short of divine – that is powerful. When two people are aligned to each other’s life vision and come together to better each other’s lives, what […]
- 4 Creative Ideas for Bringing the Fun Back Into a Stale RelationshipChances are you’ve heard of and probably taken part in some sort of annual spring cleaning. It starts with taking a look around your home and identifying areas rife with cobwebs, dust, and musty odors. You then begin the long, arduous process of scrubbing and cleaning. Sometimes, it seems the more we clean, the more dirt we […]
- Ditch the Baggage! 4 Life Changing Keys to Getting the Marriage You WantEnvision going through an airport with bags in your arms, bags on your back, bags on wheels, and pushing a stroller all at the same time. You’re working up a sweat, frustration is setting in, and the destination that brings the struggle to an end looks so far away. Now translate this to your everyday life. Daddy was […]
- Why Do So Many Christian Couples Fail at Marriage?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been reading your articles for some time now and I notice that you often talk about God and often encourage people to pray. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, but we are having problems because we do not operate as one or put each other first. […]
- 10 Ways to Reclaim Your Time and Get Emotionally Intimate With Your SpouseEmotional intimacy is how close you feel emotionally to your spouse. It speaks to the type of connection that you share with one another, the non-sexual affection that you show, and how you communicate, openly and honestly. In its simplest terms, emotional intimacy speaks to the friendship that you share with your husband or your wife. One of […]
- Best Dating Advice? These 12 Made Our List!Well, it’s the last month of 2017. For many singles, the year has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of crazy! Whether you’ve been hooked up through a mutual friend, swiped your way through Tinder, or took a chance on a co-worker, you have yet to meet your soulmate. If you find yourself at […]
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: July 2010
www.illholiday.com- Open up your mind to open up your possibilities. Check out this independent short by one of Indy’s most gifted independent film makers- Charlie Williams. Charlie is CEO of Ebony Daylight Productions.
His trademark is his ability to intrigue the viewer with an unusually good quality of production and all local talent. The lead in and ending song is by one of our best singer-songwriter’s Mudd Jones. Without further ado, here is the world premier of the short film Telekinesis!
Tony Styxx is a name that has become synonymous with talent on the Indy Art Scene. Though his day job has him working with under-privileged youth; his night job is to rock the mic! This dude is an emcee, poet, and beat-box extraordinaire.
Check him out as he gives attendees at Indy’s Best Known Open Mic event “Spoken Soul Food Sundays” a real taste of one of Hip Hop’s core elements, Beat-box! Follow him: @Tony_Styxx
www.illholiday.com- I can’t believe I just watched this whole video. I can’t believe I’m sharing it either. When you get past the corny rhymes, it’s kinda funny. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Today I learned a valuable lesson. When there is thirst, water can flow. Indianapolis has long been a thirsty market, but there has always been a mysterious lack of star quality in much of its homegrown talent. Well, Tiara Thomas surprised me with her ability to not only do the acoustic/ emcee/ singer thing, but also by the possessing the “it” factor.
I must say I have a definition of “it” that may be different than the next music lover. When I say “it”, I’m not talking about just a pretty face, pretty voice, or great combination of the two. Tiara has a certain mixture of grace and confidence that immediately lets the audience know, “Hey, even though I’m good at what I do, I still want to make sure I connect with you.” Not many artists, local or mainstream, have that. She has a genuinely good voice. Even in the transition from rapping the verse to singing the hook; you could tell there was a certain mastery of the material that is polished through practice, but only works when it comes naturally. I must also say that I’m a sucker for covers. Her covers of Drake’s Say Something and Forever did not hurt at all. After doing my homework, I learned that Tiara has not been under a rock, I have. One thing I know is, by the LIVE set I just witnessed, the name Tiara Thomas is about to quickly outgrow this cozy music market and land on the front of a mass of hungry music minds.
iLL Rating 8.0/10
King Solomon said “My son, keep my words, And treasure my commands within you. Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart. Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” And call understanding your nearest kin, That they may keep you from the immoral woman, From the seductress who flatters with her words.”
Heartbreak’s home is right around the corner from them girls on the Boulevard. I used to have a thing for girls who showed no interest in “nice” guys. In high school a girl once told me, you are the type of guy I would marry, but not the type of guy I would date. Back then I couldn’t see why I wasn’t date-able. Even though I wasn’t on no Steve Urkel type stuff; I still wasn’t into playing games. I wanted to have a girl to call mine.
Fast forward to today, I see how much that says about a person when they have that thriving urge to get to the Boulevard. Check out this song by some guys who I met in ATL at a show we both were performing at. Even though I can’t roll with the message in every one of their songs; I was diggin their sound then, and I dig this cut. They used to be called Futureshock, but now go by the name of Weapon’s of Audio.
www.illholiday.com- I haven’t heard a song celebrating a father’s love for his children like this one does. Everyday children are conceived in love and raised in love. We sometimes forget to take time to recognize just how special a father’s love is for his children. I am so grateful to have a heavenly father that has allowed me to have a great earthly father. HE has doubled the impact of a father’s love in my life. I am a shadow of the greatness of my father. I have learned to love my children more deeply because of my earthly and heavenly fathers’ examples. Sade has brought it to my attention that my daddy’s love comes with a lifetime guarantee! Watch: Babyfather by one of Africa’s finest…SADE!
www.illholiday.com- Never Under-Estimate the powers of the iPad! This makes me kinda wish I had one…
www.illholiday.com- Where was I at when this movie came out? Well, this is a rental I have to see!
www.illholiday.com- Aint it funny how the money keep on flowing to the Masters? In the world’s biggest disasters they boatin and gettin plastered. Earth’s precious elements choke life away from the masses. Black is the color of shame, unless you throwin or catching passes. But black is the same asset that most empires are after. If they lack it then they’ll smash any nation to get the Blackness!
After they strip the blackness, they refine it and call it gas it’s- the same thing they did with the slaves to become the Masters. -iLL Holiday
Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek are…Reflection Eternal.
Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek release a brand new music video for “Ballad of the Black Gold”, an ode to the oil crisis.
www.illholiday.com- So here’s the deal! Style knows style when style is Real. America’s Top Model Contestant Shaya Ali stars in this independent film shot at the Drake Hotel in Chicago. If you like independent films, I think you might enjoy this! Drop a line and let us know what you think.
www.illholiday.com- One of the most anticipated shows of 2010 is going down at the Jazz Kitchen. old soul ent. and Twin Peaks present Kool’s Bazaar Album Release Party. Yours truly will be hostin and Dj Rasul will be coastin. Throw on yo good good gear and make sure to bring your boo here. It’s going DOWN!
Experience the Bazaar at facebook.com/koolsbazaar
Stay Fresher under the Pressure & Doper than the rest of the Culture! Have your day to day getaway in these summertime foot pieces. Ronnie Fieg is one of the dopest shoe designers in the game right now…