Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Healthy Black Marriages Do ExistI stumbled across a Facebook post a couple of weeks ago and found the topic so interesting I had to write about it. The post was in response to all the praise pouring in for rap’s new super couple, Remy Ma and Papoose. It questioned why black folks were acting like we had never seen […]
- Here’s What Would Happen If Couples Just Learned to CompromiseI recently had a client, who was afraid to get into a relationship, say, “I just don’t want to lose myself in a relationship.” Well of course I peeled that onion back and discovered that the core of the issue was that my client didn’t realize that compromising isn’t the same thing as settling. Why […]
- What Ingredients Are Needed to Create a Thriving and Fruitful Marriage?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I am a 28-year-old single male, but I recently proposed to my girl. I want to get married fairly soon. I have been following you and you often talk about unconditional love in your articles. I know that love is needed to develop and sustain a marriage, but I am pretty sure […]
- Stop Losing Money: Here’s Why You Should Get Help With Your TaxesAccording to Benjamin Franklin, there are only two things certain in life: death and taxes. Unfortunately, this year’s April 18th tax deadline is fast approaching. With a tax code that is 74,608 pages long and changes being made yearly, it’s almost impossible for an individual to be aware of all the tax credits or deductions […]
- 5 Important Things Women Often Overlook Because They’re in LOVEI love my husband. I’ve known him for 20 years and we’ve been married for over 8 years. We have two kids together and a third on the way. Our lives aren’t perfect, but we certainly love what we have built. We’ve been blessed. But can I tell you a secret? My love for him […]
- 3 Things Women Hear When He Says, “We’re Just Friends” that Lead to HeartbreakYou are seriously dating a man (at least you think it’s serious because you are giving him all of your time), but he tells you that you are just friends. What does this mean? Most importantly, what do you hear when he says this? (READ: What a Man Really Means When He Says He Just Wants […]
- The Very First Thing You Should Do When You Want to Improve Communication with Your SpouseThe one thing that people often overlook, when they are trying to improve communication with their spouse, is some critical but necessary self-reflection. You see, when you are lacking in communication skills with your spouse, often times, its because the communication patterns, that were useful at one point in your life, are now outdated and just […]
- Step Family Life: 5 Very Real Concerns of a Biological MotherWhen my husband proposed to me, I was elated. He was finally going to put a ring on it after six months of dating. This was in 1999, so I realize this may seem odd. However, I knew in my heart that he was my husband and I told him this. I knew in my […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage is Going to Be OKHave you ever gotten to a point in your marriage where you thought you and your spouse would never overcome a certain situation? So many marriages reach a period of time where the couple may question everything about their union. Stress, disagreements and just life can easily take us to a negative space where we […]
- 4 Ways to Prevent Emotional Baggage From Ruining Your New RelationshipsInitially when we meet people we meet their representative- the perfect, good behavior version of themselves. But, at what point do you meet the real person? As the relationship is growing towards monogamy and possibly marriage, when are the masks removed, allowing full disclosure to come into play? When do you meet, see and/or discuss […]
- Healthy Black Marriages Do Exist
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Meet one of the dopest Femcees in the UK., Lady Leshurr. While she has a number of youtube postings that make you think this girl has skills, the videos included in this post are good enough to line up against any Lil Wayne, Kanye or Jay-Z verse- Hands DOWN!
Listen to this…
*Now, if you can tell us what the name of the song is, we will give you a FREE “THE iLLEST” Tee! If you can tell us when this song was recorded, we’ll give you and a friend a FREE “THE iLLEST” TEE.
*Winner must be first to answer in the comments section to this post. Offer good while supplies last. Size(s) not guaranteed. Shipping not included. Only 2 possible total number of winners.
iLLHoliday.Com is approaching the 20,000th visitor mark. As a thank you, we would like to announce a Give-A-Way! That’s right, you can win just by watching our ticker(bottom of this page) pass the 20K mark. Once it crosses the 20K mark, we will post a special contest. Be the first to respond and you could win.
What if Black Eyed Peas went back to actually making music that meant something? What if Fergalicious was more than just delicious? What if WiLLiAM was more than a weird looking musical genius? What if we knew who the other 2 dudes were? What if they used their star power to shake your conscience? What if there were more substance behind the dopeness?
I would like to introduce you to a group that is just that. Substance and Dopeness. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to Rhema Soul!
When I was 10 years old, I had big dreams. So did my cousin(He was actually my mother’s cousin). He would come by and take me to rap for his friends. I began to think I was pretty good because of how he would introduce. He introduced me as the next big thing, and I believed him.
One time he said he was going take me to make some money. I said, “cool.” I didn’t care where we were going because I was sold on the fact that I was about to get paid. What I didn’t know, was that I wasn’t actually going to get any money. I was gonna get a good dose of something else, though. I was up for a life-long lesson.
It was a rainy Saturday afternoon when we arrived at a 2 story brick building with a sign that read “The Elks”. I didn’t know what that was, but I’m just thinking, “They are about to pay me.” When we arrived on the second floor, I saw that it was packed. I quickly learned that everyone was there for the Annual Talent Show, and I was in it.
Without hesitation, I began going over all of the raps that my cousin’s drunk friends said were good enough to be on the radio. I surveyed the room and quickly determined that I was the youngest person there. Everybody loves the kid. I got this.
So I wait for my turn, and give the crowd what they had been waiting for- the new Micheal Jackson, who can rap! After my performance, I told them my name was DEE Rap (too long of a story to tell right now) and walked off the stage.
Well… Little did I know, I wasn’t the youngest person in the show. There was a kid who could do better than rap. This little 5 year old dude could SING! I couldn’t sing. I could entertain my way out of a butt whoopin-but I couldn’t sing. That wasn’t even the worst part… The worst part was that he went on to sing the hottest song of the summer.
He sang this…
The next time my cousin tells me we are gonna make some money. I better make sure he brings his drunk friends to cheer me on!
Here’s where Hammer puts his toes…
Hammer don’t hurt ’em. Follow The Real MC Hammer @mchammer.
http://www.illholiday.com- Please believe, you don’t don’t know poetry unless you know the Mighty T.
T meaning time that it takes to stand-
up in front a crowd and then demand-
Attention of people who are here and payin
paying for edutainmant – clearly displayin
Soul and full fledged spiritual wordplayin
modeled in the body of the lyrical sword-
Having the crowd shook with every word saying
And never growing tired of taking her stand
Tasha has a presence that will not be denied. Unlike many local artists, she commands the same respect off stage as she does when in the middle of an award winning performance. She is a giant among giants with an enviable repertoire to prove it. Her accolades include a live performance on the Peabody Award-Winning HBO Special- Def Poetry Jam, appearance on the Legendary Showtime at The Appollo, and various tour appearances with major celebrities such as: Erykah Badu, Angie Stone and Malik Yoba.
The World is a Hustle
I AM TASHA JONES |
Tasha Jones is not waiting for people to wake up. She is waking them up. Her passion for empowering others has been evident since her days as a public teacher in the Indianapolis Public School System. She founded a movement called HELLO Beautiful in response to the life changing impact she was able to have on 32 students simply by the two word greeting.
Tasha currently has a newly released book ‘Let The Words of My Mouth…’ and cd’s that can be purchased on her official site http://www.iamtashajones.com.
If this is your first encounter with Tasha Jones; let me introduce you to POETRY!
www.illholiday.com- K-os does it a gain with another timeless classic. Is it me or is Canada a new breeding ground for dope Emcees? Zambony is sure to delight with analogies of fallacies all lathered in the rhythm. Check out this single off of his new album Yes! My only regret is the official video isn’t out yet…SIKE! Here it is:
www.illholiday.com- Check out this Remix to Rick Ross’ BMF.
Caution, if you aren’t ready to laugh- don’t watch!
What’s more funny than the singing and gospel music gestures, is the fact that we love music more when it is totally narcissistic. As rappers go further and further to let others know just how great they are, I can’t help but laugh at the thought of how humble they become when standing in front of a judge. We easily slip in and out of persona- from big meech to working man tryna support his family.
No knock on Rick Ross- knock on the Devil for making it so entertaining.