Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught MeAnniversaries are super special in my house. I would never have imagined being married to my husband for eighteen years. Real talk, my parents didn’t even think my husband Don and I would remain married past the first six months. They expressed this to us more times than I can count. Why would my parents […]
- 5 Habits of People with Money… They All Do This!There are many many ways that people with money make the money, from starting their own business, to real-estate investing, to a having a highly successful career, or to investing in stocks. However, no matter how they make the money, the people with money have these 5 basic habits in common. 1. Create a budget […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage Needs Help (And How to Get It) Ever felt like something in your marriage was a little off? Maybe you and your partner just weren’t connecting the way you should and you knew you both could do so much better. Well, the truth is, you can. The very first step toward doing better is recognizing something is wrong. When couples aren’t on […]
- 5 Conversations You Can’t Avoid If You Want A Happy MarriageIn order for your marriage to stand the test of time, you have to be able to communicate your needs, frustrations, desires, and so much more. Without communication, your marriage inevitably suffers. Effective communication is the cornerstone of a happy marriage. But what some people fail to realize is that it’s not just a matter […]
- 30 Serious Consequences of Infidelity…Take HeedInfidelity is by far one of the worst things that can transpire in marriage. Trust me, I know from personal experience! It violates everything built between you and your spouse in such a personal way. Majority of us who’ve been cheated on didn’t see it coming…I know I was blindsided for sure! “I am deeply […]
- Help My Wife Left Me! How Can I Become a More Nurturing and Sensitive Husband?Dr. Buckingham, I feel like I am in hell. I am separated from my wife and do not know how things got so messed up so quickly. She recently moved out with our 10 year old and 14 year old children. I tried my best to be a good father and husband, but my wife […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You May Have Already Met Your Perfect Match and You Don’t Even Know ItWhere are all the good men? If you’re a smart, successful, marriage-minded sista, and you’ve found yourself asking that question out of frustration, I have some good news. According to some experts, once a woman turns 30, there’s a 70% chance she’s already met the love of her life. Your future husband could be a former classmate, […]
- 5 Things Every Wife Needs Her Husband to UnderstandIf there is anything almost nine years of marriage has taught me, it’s that I can’t get my husband to read my mind. Yep, despite my best efforts, that brotha just can’t do it. Consider it a shortcoming if you must, but I realize that he’s just human. My husband is actually human. Shocking, right? […]
- How to Stay Together When Your Family and Friends Want You to DivorceFor years, my husband Don and I had an extremely rocky marriage. During those tumultuous years, I confided in a lot of girlfriends. I told them everything he did and did not do. I was painting a picture of him that had them not speaking to him or wanting to be around him. When things […]
- Communication in Marriage: 4 Signs You and Your Spouse are Finally MaturingOkay let’s be honest…if you’re with someone for any extended period an argument or two is inevitable. Sometimes the smallest things just turn into WWII for no reason. Emotions get high, things are said that shouldn’t be, and then a week later you’re still mad at each other. Let’s just say my wife and I […]
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught Me
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Meet one of the dopest Femcees in the UK., Lady Leshurr. While she has a number of youtube postings that make you think this girl has skills, the videos included in this post are good enough to line up against any Lil Wayne, Kanye or Jay-Z verse- Hands DOWN!
Listen to this…
*Now, if you can tell us what the name of the song is, we will give you a FREE “THE iLLEST” Tee! If you can tell us when this song was recorded, we’ll give you and a friend a FREE “THE iLLEST” TEE.
*Winner must be first to answer in the comments section to this post. Offer good while supplies last. Size(s) not guaranteed. Shipping not included. Only 2 possible total number of winners.
iLLHoliday.Com is approaching the 20,000th visitor mark. As a thank you, we would like to announce a Give-A-Way! That’s right, you can win just by watching our ticker(bottom of this page) pass the 20K mark. Once it crosses the 20K mark, we will post a special contest. Be the first to respond and you could win.
What if Black Eyed Peas went back to actually making music that meant something? What if Fergalicious was more than just delicious? What if WiLLiAM was more than a weird looking musical genius? What if we knew who the other 2 dudes were? What if they used their star power to shake your conscience? What if there were more substance behind the dopeness?
I would like to introduce you to a group that is just that. Substance and Dopeness. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to Rhema Soul!
When I was 10 years old, I had big dreams. So did my cousin(He was actually my mother’s cousin). He would come by and take me to rap for his friends. I began to think I was pretty good because of how he would introduce. He introduced me as the next big thing, and I believed him.
One time he said he was going take me to make some money. I said, “cool.” I didn’t care where we were going because I was sold on the fact that I was about to get paid. What I didn’t know, was that I wasn’t actually going to get any money. I was gonna get a good dose of something else, though. I was up for a life-long lesson.
It was a rainy Saturday afternoon when we arrived at a 2 story brick building with a sign that read “The Elks”. I didn’t know what that was, but I’m just thinking, “They are about to pay me.” When we arrived on the second floor, I saw that it was packed. I quickly learned that everyone was there for the Annual Talent Show, and I was in it.
Without hesitation, I began going over all of the raps that my cousin’s drunk friends said were good enough to be on the radio. I surveyed the room and quickly determined that I was the youngest person there. Everybody loves the kid. I got this.
So I wait for my turn, and give the crowd what they had been waiting for- the new Micheal Jackson, who can rap! After my performance, I told them my name was DEE Rap (too long of a story to tell right now) and walked off the stage.
Well… Little did I know, I wasn’t the youngest person in the show. There was a kid who could do better than rap. This little 5 year old dude could SING! I couldn’t sing. I could entertain my way out of a butt whoopin-but I couldn’t sing. That wasn’t even the worst part… The worst part was that he went on to sing the hottest song of the summer.
He sang this…
The next time my cousin tells me we are gonna make some money. I better make sure he brings his drunk friends to cheer me on!
Here’s where Hammer puts his toes…
Hammer don’t hurt ’em. Follow The Real MC Hammer @mchammer.
http://www.illholiday.com- Please believe, you don’t don’t know poetry unless you know the Mighty T.
T meaning time that it takes to stand-
up in front a crowd and then demand-
Attention of people who are here and payin
paying for edutainmant – clearly displayin
Soul and full fledged spiritual wordplayin
modeled in the body of the lyrical sword-
Having the crowd shook with every word saying
And never growing tired of taking her stand
Tasha has a presence that will not be denied. Unlike many local artists, she commands the same respect off stage as she does when in the middle of an award winning performance. She is a giant among giants with an enviable repertoire to prove it. Her accolades include a live performance on the Peabody Award-Winning HBO Special- Def Poetry Jam, appearance on the Legendary Showtime at The Appollo, and various tour appearances with major celebrities such as: Erykah Badu, Angie Stone and Malik Yoba.
The World is a Hustle
I AM TASHA JONES |
Tasha Jones is not waiting for people to wake up. She is waking them up. Her passion for empowering others has been evident since her days as a public teacher in the Indianapolis Public School System. She founded a movement called HELLO Beautiful in response to the life changing impact she was able to have on 32 students simply by the two word greeting.
Tasha currently has a newly released book ‘Let The Words of My Mouth…’ and cd’s that can be purchased on her official site http://www.iamtashajones.com.
If this is your first encounter with Tasha Jones; let me introduce you to POETRY!
www.illholiday.com- K-os does it a gain with another timeless classic. Is it me or is Canada a new breeding ground for dope Emcees? Zambony is sure to delight with analogies of fallacies all lathered in the rhythm. Check out this single off of his new album Yes! My only regret is the official video isn’t out yet…SIKE! Here it is:
www.illholiday.com- Check out this Remix to Rick Ross’ BMF.
Caution, if you aren’t ready to laugh- don’t watch!
What’s more funny than the singing and gospel music gestures, is the fact that we love music more when it is totally narcissistic. As rappers go further and further to let others know just how great they are, I can’t help but laugh at the thought of how humble they become when standing in front of a judge. We easily slip in and out of persona- from big meech to working man tryna support his family.
No knock on Rick Ross- knock on the Devil for making it so entertaining.