Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018For many of us, 2017 had its ups and downs. We may be up personally but down politically; up spiritually but down financially. Regardless of our trajectory on any given issue, the one thing that was always on the level was our relationship with our Boo. The love was real. The fun was real. The […]
- 3 Reasons Why the Holidays are the Best Time to Find LoveWhen you’re single for the holidays, it seems like there’s a never ending string of reminders that your relationship status is stuck at “it’s complicated,” despite everything you’ve tried. December brings Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and with it, parties that require a “plus one.” You also get bombarded with a flood of engagement announcements […]
- My Fiancée is a Nervous Wreck: Can Therapy or Medication Fix Her Anxious Behavior?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My fiancée has issues with anxiety and I am not sure if I can cope with her issue for a lifetime. She is always anxious and her moodiness is driving me crazy. Whenever she feels overwhelmed, she shuts down and becomes unproductive. I asked her if we could start planning our wedding […]
- Sisters: Consider These 3 Important Things Before Giving Up the GoodsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Sex is a natural part of human life. We don’t have to deny it and we shouldn’t feel ashamed to talk about it. As women, we’ve been so conditioned to think a certain way and act a certain way to be labeled as a ‘lady’ or a ‘good woman’ to ensure […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You Want a Relationship for All the Wrong ReasonsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Relationships are a great thing when they are right. Two people coming together and sharing a deep, loving bond that is pure, honest, genuine and nothing short of divine – that is powerful. When two people are aligned to each other’s life vision and come together to better each other’s lives, what […]
- 4 Creative Ideas for Bringing the Fun Back Into a Stale RelationshipChances are you’ve heard of and probably taken part in some sort of annual spring cleaning. It starts with taking a look around your home and identifying areas rife with cobwebs, dust, and musty odors. You then begin the long, arduous process of scrubbing and cleaning. Sometimes, it seems the more we clean, the more dirt we […]
- Ditch the Baggage! 4 Life Changing Keys to Getting the Marriage You WantEnvision going through an airport with bags in your arms, bags on your back, bags on wheels, and pushing a stroller all at the same time. You’re working up a sweat, frustration is setting in, and the destination that brings the struggle to an end looks so far away. Now translate this to your everyday life. Daddy was […]
- Why Do So Many Christian Couples Fail at Marriage?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been reading your articles for some time now and I notice that you often talk about God and often encourage people to pray. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, but we are having problems because we do not operate as one or put each other first. […]
- 10 Ways to Reclaim Your Time and Get Emotionally Intimate With Your SpouseEmotional intimacy is how close you feel emotionally to your spouse. It speaks to the type of connection that you share with one another, the non-sexual affection that you show, and how you communicate, openly and honestly. In its simplest terms, emotional intimacy speaks to the friendship that you share with your husband or your wife. One of […]
- Best Dating Advice? These 12 Made Our List!Well, it’s the last month of 2017. For many singles, the year has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of crazy! Whether you’ve been hooked up through a mutual friend, swiped your way through Tinder, or took a chance on a co-worker, you have yet to meet your soulmate. If you find yourself at […]
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Meet one of the dopest Femcees in the UK., Lady Leshurr. While she has a number of youtube postings that make you think this girl has skills, the videos included in this post are good enough to line up against any Lil Wayne, Kanye or Jay-Z verse- Hands DOWN!
Listen to this…
*Now, if you can tell us what the name of the song is, we will give you a FREE “THE iLLEST” Tee! If you can tell us when this song was recorded, we’ll give you and a friend a FREE “THE iLLEST” TEE.
*Winner must be first to answer in the comments section to this post. Offer good while supplies last. Size(s) not guaranteed. Shipping not included. Only 2 possible total number of winners.
iLLHoliday.Com is approaching the 20,000th visitor mark. As a thank you, we would like to announce a Give-A-Way! That’s right, you can win just by watching our ticker(bottom of this page) pass the 20K mark. Once it crosses the 20K mark, we will post a special contest. Be the first to respond and you could win.
What if Black Eyed Peas went back to actually making music that meant something? What if Fergalicious was more than just delicious? What if WiLLiAM was more than a weird looking musical genius? What if we knew who the other 2 dudes were? What if they used their star power to shake your conscience? What if there were more substance behind the dopeness?
I would like to introduce you to a group that is just that. Substance and Dopeness. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to Rhema Soul!
When I was 10 years old, I had big dreams. So did my cousin(He was actually my mother’s cousin). He would come by and take me to rap for his friends. I began to think I was pretty good because of how he would introduce. He introduced me as the next big thing, and I believed him.
One time he said he was going take me to make some money. I said, “cool.” I didn’t care where we were going because I was sold on the fact that I was about to get paid. What I didn’t know, was that I wasn’t actually going to get any money. I was gonna get a good dose of something else, though. I was up for a life-long lesson.
It was a rainy Saturday afternoon when we arrived at a 2 story brick building with a sign that read “The Elks”. I didn’t know what that was, but I’m just thinking, “They are about to pay me.” When we arrived on the second floor, I saw that it was packed. I quickly learned that everyone was there for the Annual Talent Show, and I was in it.
Without hesitation, I began going over all of the raps that my cousin’s drunk friends said were good enough to be on the radio. I surveyed the room and quickly determined that I was the youngest person there. Everybody loves the kid. I got this.
So I wait for my turn, and give the crowd what they had been waiting for- the new Micheal Jackson, who can rap! After my performance, I told them my name was DEE Rap (too long of a story to tell right now) and walked off the stage.
Well… Little did I know, I wasn’t the youngest person in the show. There was a kid who could do better than rap. This little 5 year old dude could SING! I couldn’t sing. I could entertain my way out of a butt whoopin-but I couldn’t sing. That wasn’t even the worst part… The worst part was that he went on to sing the hottest song of the summer.
He sang this…
The next time my cousin tells me we are gonna make some money. I better make sure he brings his drunk friends to cheer me on!
Here’s where Hammer puts his toes…
Hammer don’t hurt ’em. Follow The Real MC Hammer @mchammer.
http://www.illholiday.com- Please believe, you don’t don’t know poetry unless you know the Mighty T.
T meaning time that it takes to stand-
up in front a crowd and then demand-
Attention of people who are here and payin
paying for edutainmant – clearly displayin
Soul and full fledged spiritual wordplayin
modeled in the body of the lyrical sword-
Having the crowd shook with every word saying
And never growing tired of taking her stand
Tasha has a presence that will not be denied. Unlike many local artists, she commands the same respect off stage as she does when in the middle of an award winning performance. She is a giant among giants with an enviable repertoire to prove it. Her accolades include a live performance on the Peabody Award-Winning HBO Special- Def Poetry Jam, appearance on the Legendary Showtime at The Appollo, and various tour appearances with major celebrities such as: Erykah Badu, Angie Stone and Malik Yoba.
The World is a Hustle
I AM TASHA JONES |
Tasha Jones is not waiting for people to wake up. She is waking them up. Her passion for empowering others has been evident since her days as a public teacher in the Indianapolis Public School System. She founded a movement called HELLO Beautiful in response to the life changing impact she was able to have on 32 students simply by the two word greeting.
Tasha currently has a newly released book ‘Let The Words of My Mouth…’ and cd’s that can be purchased on her official site http://www.iamtashajones.com.
If this is your first encounter with Tasha Jones; let me introduce you to POETRY!
www.illholiday.com- K-os does it a gain with another timeless classic. Is it me or is Canada a new breeding ground for dope Emcees? Zambony is sure to delight with analogies of fallacies all lathered in the rhythm. Check out this single off of his new album Yes! My only regret is the official video isn’t out yet…SIKE! Here it is:
www.illholiday.com- Check out this Remix to Rick Ross’ BMF.
Caution, if you aren’t ready to laugh- don’t watch!
What’s more funny than the singing and gospel music gestures, is the fact that we love music more when it is totally narcissistic. As rappers go further and further to let others know just how great they are, I can’t help but laugh at the thought of how humble they become when standing in front of a judge. We easily slip in and out of persona- from big meech to working man tryna support his family.
No knock on Rick Ross- knock on the Devil for making it so entertaining.