Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018For many of us, 2017 had its ups and downs. We may be up personally but down politically; up spiritually but down financially. Regardless of our trajectory on any given issue, the one thing that was always on the level was our relationship with our Boo. The love was real. The fun was real. The […]
- 3 Reasons Why the Holidays are the Best Time to Find LoveWhen you’re single for the holidays, it seems like there’s a never ending string of reminders that your relationship status is stuck at “it’s complicated,” despite everything you’ve tried. December brings Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and with it, parties that require a “plus one.” You also get bombarded with a flood of engagement announcements […]
- My Fiancée is a Nervous Wreck: Can Therapy or Medication Fix Her Anxious Behavior?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My fiancée has issues with anxiety and I am not sure if I can cope with her issue for a lifetime. She is always anxious and her moodiness is driving me crazy. Whenever she feels overwhelmed, she shuts down and becomes unproductive. I asked her if we could start planning our wedding […]
- Sisters: Consider These 3 Important Things Before Giving Up the GoodsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Sex is a natural part of human life. We don’t have to deny it and we shouldn’t feel ashamed to talk about it. As women, we’ve been so conditioned to think a certain way and act a certain way to be labeled as a ‘lady’ or a ‘good woman’ to ensure […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You Want a Relationship for All the Wrong ReasonsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Relationships are a great thing when they are right. Two people coming together and sharing a deep, loving bond that is pure, honest, genuine and nothing short of divine – that is powerful. When two people are aligned to each other’s life vision and come together to better each other’s lives, what […]
- 4 Creative Ideas for Bringing the Fun Back Into a Stale RelationshipChances are you’ve heard of and probably taken part in some sort of annual spring cleaning. It starts with taking a look around your home and identifying areas rife with cobwebs, dust, and musty odors. You then begin the long, arduous process of scrubbing and cleaning. Sometimes, it seems the more we clean, the more dirt we […]
- Ditch the Baggage! 4 Life Changing Keys to Getting the Marriage You WantEnvision going through an airport with bags in your arms, bags on your back, bags on wheels, and pushing a stroller all at the same time. You’re working up a sweat, frustration is setting in, and the destination that brings the struggle to an end looks so far away. Now translate this to your everyday life. Daddy was […]
- Why Do So Many Christian Couples Fail at Marriage?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been reading your articles for some time now and I notice that you often talk about God and often encourage people to pray. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, but we are having problems because we do not operate as one or put each other first. […]
- 10 Ways to Reclaim Your Time and Get Emotionally Intimate With Your SpouseEmotional intimacy is how close you feel emotionally to your spouse. It speaks to the type of connection that you share with one another, the non-sexual affection that you show, and how you communicate, openly and honestly. In its simplest terms, emotional intimacy speaks to the friendship that you share with your husband or your wife. One of […]
- Best Dating Advice? These 12 Made Our List!Well, it’s the last month of 2017. For many singles, the year has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of crazy! Whether you’ve been hooked up through a mutual friend, swiped your way through Tinder, or took a chance on a co-worker, you have yet to meet your soulmate. If you find yourself at […]
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Tasha Jones could be nominated for a GRAMMY! That’s right the prolific writer, performer, model and inspirational speaker- Tasha Jones, is being considered for the most prestigious award given to recording artists.
All members of NARAS can help her make the short list. The project up for consideration is her recording “Poems, Lyrics & Reservations” under the Spoken Word Category.
Besides traveling the country spreading inspiration in words; Tasha is gearing up to host the return of one of her hometown’s most successful open mic events, Blue Moon Sunday. In it’s heyday, (2004-2006) Blue Moon Sunday was a cultural magnet for anyone in the Region thirsting for organic creativity. Tasha was a regular contributor to the open mic as well as one of the show’s biggest draws as a feature performer. Look for her January 9, 2011 as she and some of the areas dopest performers bring Indiana’s most infamous open mic event to the Historical Madame Walker Theatre.
Blue Moon Sunday will also feature: iLL Holiday, Dj Lou Bey, The Michael Houston Band, and the dopest artists, performers, and poets in the Midwest.
Well, he is hosting a live show that will knock your socks off! The 15 Project will highlight the works of Creative Loafing Editor Carlton Hargro, McColl Center Artist-in-Residence Anthony Schrag, and artist & graphic designer Cey Adams.
The 15 Project: Come to View or Be Viewed
October 9, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Costs: Free for members, free to the public
The Harvey B. Gantt Center
For African American Arts + Culture
551 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202 (Map)
What do Jewish megastar Matisyahu and Nigerian American Rapper elDee have in common? Both artists wrote a song called One Day. Way different styles same dope flavor!
eLDee let’s his country know that things will get better.
Dwayne Tryumf is not a US citizen but has a great following in the American Holy Hip Hop community. Here is the reason…
Just in case you are not sold…Check this out!
Oh, you think you can do better? Let me hear it to the beat!
DWAYNE TRYUMF – I DON’T PACK A MATIC (INSTRUMENTAL) by DwayneTryumf
Asa is one of the hottest artists to come out of Nigeria since Sade. She has a soulful sound that attracts listeners from around the globe. Check out the newest single off of her sophomore release, Beautiful Imperfection, due to drop October 25th.