Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018For many of us, 2017 had its ups and downs. We may be up personally but down politically; up spiritually but down financially. Regardless of our trajectory on any given issue, the one thing that was always on the level was our relationship with our Boo. The love was real. The fun was real. The […]
- 3 Reasons Why the Holidays are the Best Time to Find LoveWhen you’re single for the holidays, it seems like there’s a never ending string of reminders that your relationship status is stuck at “it’s complicated,” despite everything you’ve tried. December brings Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and with it, parties that require a “plus one.” You also get bombarded with a flood of engagement announcements […]
- My Fiancée is a Nervous Wreck: Can Therapy or Medication Fix Her Anxious Behavior?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My fiancée has issues with anxiety and I am not sure if I can cope with her issue for a lifetime. She is always anxious and her moodiness is driving me crazy. Whenever she feels overwhelmed, she shuts down and becomes unproductive. I asked her if we could start planning our wedding […]
- Sisters: Consider These 3 Important Things Before Giving Up the GoodsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Sex is a natural part of human life. We don’t have to deny it and we shouldn’t feel ashamed to talk about it. As women, we’ve been so conditioned to think a certain way and act a certain way to be labeled as a ‘lady’ or a ‘good woman’ to ensure […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You Want a Relationship for All the Wrong ReasonsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Relationships are a great thing when they are right. Two people coming together and sharing a deep, loving bond that is pure, honest, genuine and nothing short of divine – that is powerful. When two people are aligned to each other’s life vision and come together to better each other’s lives, what […]
- 4 Creative Ideas for Bringing the Fun Back Into a Stale RelationshipChances are you’ve heard of and probably taken part in some sort of annual spring cleaning. It starts with taking a look around your home and identifying areas rife with cobwebs, dust, and musty odors. You then begin the long, arduous process of scrubbing and cleaning. Sometimes, it seems the more we clean, the more dirt we […]
- Ditch the Baggage! 4 Life Changing Keys to Getting the Marriage You WantEnvision going through an airport with bags in your arms, bags on your back, bags on wheels, and pushing a stroller all at the same time. You’re working up a sweat, frustration is setting in, and the destination that brings the struggle to an end looks so far away. Now translate this to your everyday life. Daddy was […]
- Why Do So Many Christian Couples Fail at Marriage?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been reading your articles for some time now and I notice that you often talk about God and often encourage people to pray. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, but we are having problems because we do not operate as one or put each other first. […]
- 10 Ways to Reclaim Your Time and Get Emotionally Intimate With Your SpouseEmotional intimacy is how close you feel emotionally to your spouse. It speaks to the type of connection that you share with one another, the non-sexual affection that you show, and how you communicate, openly and honestly. In its simplest terms, emotional intimacy speaks to the friendship that you share with your husband or your wife. One of […]
- Best Dating Advice? These 12 Made Our List!Well, it’s the last month of 2017. For many singles, the year has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of crazy! Whether you’ve been hooked up through a mutual friend, swiped your way through Tinder, or took a chance on a co-worker, you have yet to meet your soulmate. If you find yourself at […]
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Midnyte Sun is a gospel rapper who released a single that points out the issue of Christians in the Club. Even though his messages have been going to my spam folder for years, I didn’t unsubscribe just in case he sent something that I really was interested in. When checking my SPAM folder, the title of the single caught my attention. After watching the video, I knew I needed to share it with my iLLIGANS!
I have spent the last 10 years between the 2. My professional rap career has led me to some of the hottest clubs from New York to Los Angeles as well as some of the smallest and largest holy places in the United States. Through it all, I have run into Christians at every location.
That makes me wonder, what would have happen if all of the Christians disappeared? What if they were never at those places? Would things be better? Would people take Christianity more seriously? Would more people become Christians?
While part of me is for the separatist mindset, another part of me wonders…Would there be more shootings at clubs? Would there be more raping? Would there be more gang rivalries? Would the music be even worse (yea, imagine that..worse than what they already bump in clubs). Would hip hop be more dangerous if no one involved had the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them?
Even though I believe these are all valid questions, I think the real question that comes to mind is…What is a REAL Christian? What should they be doing and what shouldn’t they be doing?
What do you think?
Indy iLLiGANS and St. Lou iLLiGANS will celebrate a weekend to remember.
This Friday, St Louis is the place to be. Former member of the R&b Soul group Floetry, Natalie Stewart is the featured artist of “NEXT”.
“Next” is a premium listening party experience that will highlight the artist and their music. The first artist we are featuring is “The Floacist” Natalie Stewart. The British recording artist—and former member of the Grammy-nominated neo-soul group Floetry— Natalie Stewart has been in the studio creating new music for her upcoming album. Since the R&B group split, fans have been wondering when Stewart would resurface with her melodic spoken words. Well she’s back now! So If your soul is musically vacant, make “NEXT” apart of your busy schedule so that Great music and Great artists can flourish.
Each month the door donation supports a different charity.
This Saturday Night, the party returns to Indy! Soul Purpose will be delivering what your soul craves. Soul Purpose is Indy’s Premier emerging Gospel Neo Soul Band. Their melodic tunes are just what you need to get you through another hectic week! come out and cop their new project at Earth House.
Arrive early to get a seat! Yours truly will be hosting and a number of Indy’s most talented vocalists will be on the bill. Come stressed and leave Blessed!
A Night with Soul Purpose
@ Earth House Collective
237 N. East St.
$20 in Advance/ $25 at the Door
Doors: 6pm Show Starts: 7pm
Here’s the best way to get through a Thursday:
Something to look at…
Cop a shirt!
Download the whole album FREE!
You may not have heard of this short film produced in 2002 by hip hop journalist, Dream Hampton and Legendary Roots Crew Drummer, ?uestlove. I Am Ali is a very troubling, yet very necessary depiction of how the black community struggles to deal with living with loved one’s who have a mental illness. The acting is great, the plot is totally believable, and the characters are even more genuine than what we are used to seeing on the big screen. Be warned, this is not something to watch with kids around. It is mature(not pornographic, just mature), and complex, and does contain profanity.
The conversation I am having with myself is:
What is the right way to deal with a loved one who is battling to get a grasp on reality?
Is there redemption available for someone in this condition, or are they down for the count?