Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Ways to Be Happily Single On PurposeToo many people see being single as a “disease” that needs to be cured rather than a season of life or possibly even a calling for life. Some come right out and say it: “Girl, why are you still single? Can’t you find a man?” Or, “if you weren’t so picky, you would be able to […]
- 2 Ways Your Relationship With God Can Save Your Relationship With Your SpouseLet’s start out this post with a few indisputables. The divorce rate in America is between 40 and 50 percent. The divorce rate among African American couples is typically higher than other ethnic groups. Now, since African Americans make up a large percentage of church goers, it begs the question that if we’re such faithful […]
- #Boxtumes: 4 Easy Steps to Create a Playing Card Halloween Costume Made with a BoxThis is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Amazon. The opinions and text are all mine. You would think, since our kids are getting older, we would be phasing out of Halloween. But each year, we find more and more ways to have fun together as a family. This year, we made costumes out […]
- 5 Ways to Make Dating Fun Again That Actually WorkDo you dread dating because you’re bored with the kinds of men you meet? Or are you suffering from burn-out and the thought of getting dressed up just to be disappointed makes you feel like you’re wasting time when you could be getting work done? You might even feel bitter about the dating scene because it […]
- The NFL Season is Turning Me Against My Husband. Am I Overreacting?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My husband and his friends range from 40-52 (All married or living with someone). During football season, they turn into drunken clowns and buffoons. They use the NFL as an excuse to drink excessively and hang out 8+ hours every Sunday. They all drink and drive and have a CDL license. I […]
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Judge People Who Choose to Save Their Marriage After an AffairLet’s keep it real. In today’s society, it has become way too easy to slap judgment on someone for just about any reason. Now imagine having the label of cheater. Maybe you are like me and know all too well what that feels like so you don’t have to imagine. Well, the flip side of […]
- 6 Fatal Mistakes Husbands Make After Their Wife’s Affair and How to Avoid ThemBy: Dr. Shane Perrault, PhD You just found out your girl — or worse your wife — cheated. Ouch! That cheating #@&%^ #%$@! you say, but, much to your surprise, you still love her. What now? Leave, stay, forgive, forget? Your heart was just ripped out, your sense of trust is long gone, and you are […]
- Free Couples Webinar: How to Build a Successful Business with Your SpouseWhen a husband and wife embark on a business venture together, it adds a unique dynamic to their relationship. The idea of working with your spouse seems exciting, but the reality is it can lead to great success or great failure for the business and the marriage alike. Given the incredible 50 percent divorce rate in this country, […]
- Amazing Kid CEO Teaches Your Children to be EntrepreneursIf you know anything us, you know that we love to hear about kids who are killing it with business and education. Our kids are our future, and with the state of the world today, it’s good to see that some of our seeds are growing to be dignified young men and women that will […]
- 3 Simple Tips for Investing in Your HusbandThey say that behind every great man is a great woman. I like to take it one step further and say that behind every great man is a wise woman. But I didn’t make that up. Dating all the way back to Biblical times, and specifically Proverbs 31, we see the tremendous value a wise woman […]
- 3 Ways to Be Happily Single On Purpose
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Midnyte Sun is a gospel rapper who released a single that points out the issue of Christians in the Club. Even though his messages have been going to my spam folder for years, I didn’t unsubscribe just in case he sent something that I really was interested in. When checking my SPAM folder, the title of the single caught my attention. After watching the video, I knew I needed to share it with my iLLIGANS!
I have spent the last 10 years between the 2. My professional rap career has led me to some of the hottest clubs from New York to Los Angeles as well as some of the smallest and largest holy places in the United States. Through it all, I have run into Christians at every location.
That makes me wonder, what would have happen if all of the Christians disappeared? What if they were never at those places? Would things be better? Would people take Christianity more seriously? Would more people become Christians?
While part of me is for the separatist mindset, another part of me wonders…Would there be more shootings at clubs? Would there be more raping? Would there be more gang rivalries? Would the music be even worse (yea, imagine that..worse than what they already bump in clubs). Would hip hop be more dangerous if no one involved had the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them?
Even though I believe these are all valid questions, I think the real question that comes to mind is…What is a REAL Christian? What should they be doing and what shouldn’t they be doing?
What do you think?
Indy iLLiGANS and St. Lou iLLiGANS will celebrate a weekend to remember.
This Friday, St Louis is the place to be. Former member of the R&b Soul group Floetry, Natalie Stewart is the featured artist of “NEXT”.
“Next” is a premium listening party experience that will highlight the artist and their music. The first artist we are featuring is “The Floacist” Natalie Stewart. The British recording artist—and former member of the Grammy-nominated neo-soul group Floetry— Natalie Stewart has been in the studio creating new music for her upcoming album. Since the R&B group split, fans have been wondering when Stewart would resurface with her melodic spoken words. Well she’s back now! So If your soul is musically vacant, make “NEXT” apart of your busy schedule so that Great music and Great artists can flourish.
Each month the door donation supports a different charity.
This Saturday Night, the party returns to Indy! Soul Purpose will be delivering what your soul craves. Soul Purpose is Indy’s Premier emerging Gospel Neo Soul Band. Their melodic tunes are just what you need to get you through another hectic week! come out and cop their new project at Earth House.
Arrive early to get a seat! Yours truly will be hosting and a number of Indy’s most talented vocalists will be on the bill. Come stressed and leave Blessed!
A Night with Soul Purpose
@ Earth House Collective
237 N. East St.
$20 in Advance/ $25 at the Door
Doors: 6pm Show Starts: 7pm
Here’s the best way to get through a Thursday:
Something to look at…
Cop a shirt!
Download the whole album FREE!
You may not have heard of this short film produced in 2002 by hip hop journalist, Dream Hampton and Legendary Roots Crew Drummer, ?uestlove. I Am Ali is a very troubling, yet very necessary depiction of how the black community struggles to deal with living with loved one’s who have a mental illness. The acting is great, the plot is totally believable, and the characters are even more genuine than what we are used to seeing on the big screen. Be warned, this is not something to watch with kids around. It is mature(not pornographic, just mature), and complex, and does contain profanity.
The conversation I am having with myself is:
What is the right way to deal with a loved one who is battling to get a grasp on reality?
Is there redemption available for someone in this condition, or are they down for the count?