Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught MeAnniversaries are super special in my house. I would never have imagined being married to my husband for eighteen years. Real talk, my parents didn’t even think my husband Don and I would remain married past the first six months. They expressed this to us more times than I can count. Why would my parents […]
- 5 Habits of People with Money… They All Do This!There are many many ways that people with money make the money, from starting their own business, to real-estate investing, to a having a highly successful career, or to investing in stocks. However, no matter how they make the money, the people with money have these 5 basic habits in common. 1. Create a budget […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage Needs Help (And How to Get It) Ever felt like something in your marriage was a little off? Maybe you and your partner just weren’t connecting the way you should and you knew you both could do so much better. Well, the truth is, you can. The very first step toward doing better is recognizing something is wrong. When couples aren’t on […]
- 5 Conversations You Can’t Avoid If You Want A Happy MarriageIn order for your marriage to stand the test of time, you have to be able to communicate your needs, frustrations, desires, and so much more. Without communication, your marriage inevitably suffers. Effective communication is the cornerstone of a happy marriage. But what some people fail to realize is that it’s not just a matter […]
- 30 Serious Consequences of Infidelity…Take HeedInfidelity is by far one of the worst things that can transpire in marriage. Trust me, I know from personal experience! It violates everything built between you and your spouse in such a personal way. Majority of us who’ve been cheated on didn’t see it coming…I know I was blindsided for sure! “I am deeply […]
- Help My Wife Left Me! How Can I Become a More Nurturing and Sensitive Husband?Dr. Buckingham, I feel like I am in hell. I am separated from my wife and do not know how things got so messed up so quickly. She recently moved out with our 10 year old and 14 year old children. I tried my best to be a good father and husband, but my wife […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You May Have Already Met Your Perfect Match and You Don’t Even Know ItWhere are all the good men? If you’re a smart, successful, marriage-minded sista, and you’ve found yourself asking that question out of frustration, I have some good news. According to some experts, once a woman turns 30, there’s a 70% chance she’s already met the love of her life. Your future husband could be a former classmate, […]
- 5 Things Every Wife Needs Her Husband to UnderstandIf there is anything almost nine years of marriage has taught me, it’s that I can’t get my husband to read my mind. Yep, despite my best efforts, that brotha just can’t do it. Consider it a shortcoming if you must, but I realize that he’s just human. My husband is actually human. Shocking, right? […]
- How to Stay Together When Your Family and Friends Want You to DivorceFor years, my husband Don and I had an extremely rocky marriage. During those tumultuous years, I confided in a lot of girlfriends. I told them everything he did and did not do. I was painting a picture of him that had them not speaking to him or wanting to be around him. When things […]
- Communication in Marriage: 4 Signs You and Your Spouse are Finally MaturingOkay let’s be honest…if you’re with someone for any extended period an argument or two is inevitable. Sometimes the smallest things just turn into WWII for no reason. Emotions get high, things are said that shouldn’t be, and then a week later you’re still mad at each other. Let’s just say my wife and I […]
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught Me
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Midnyte Sun is a gospel rapper who released a single that points out the issue of Christians in the Club. Even though his messages have been going to my spam folder for years, I didn’t unsubscribe just in case he sent something that I really was interested in. When checking my SPAM folder, the title of the single caught my attention. After watching the video, I knew I needed to share it with my iLLIGANS!
I have spent the last 10 years between the 2. My professional rap career has led me to some of the hottest clubs from New York to Los Angeles as well as some of the smallest and largest holy places in the United States. Through it all, I have run into Christians at every location.
That makes me wonder, what would have happen if all of the Christians disappeared? What if they were never at those places? Would things be better? Would people take Christianity more seriously? Would more people become Christians?
While part of me is for the separatist mindset, another part of me wonders…Would there be more shootings at clubs? Would there be more raping? Would there be more gang rivalries? Would the music be even worse (yea, imagine that..worse than what they already bump in clubs). Would hip hop be more dangerous if no one involved had the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them?
Even though I believe these are all valid questions, I think the real question that comes to mind is…What is a REAL Christian? What should they be doing and what shouldn’t they be doing?
What do you think?
Indy iLLiGANS and St. Lou iLLiGANS will celebrate a weekend to remember.
This Friday, St Louis is the place to be. Former member of the R&b Soul group Floetry, Natalie Stewart is the featured artist of “NEXT”.
“Next” is a premium listening party experience that will highlight the artist and their music. The first artist we are featuring is “The Floacist” Natalie Stewart. The British recording artist—and former member of the Grammy-nominated neo-soul group Floetry— Natalie Stewart has been in the studio creating new music for her upcoming album. Since the R&B group split, fans have been wondering when Stewart would resurface with her melodic spoken words. Well she’s back now! So If your soul is musically vacant, make “NEXT” apart of your busy schedule so that Great music and Great artists can flourish.
Each month the door donation supports a different charity.
This Saturday Night, the party returns to Indy! Soul Purpose will be delivering what your soul craves. Soul Purpose is Indy’s Premier emerging Gospel Neo Soul Band. Their melodic tunes are just what you need to get you through another hectic week! come out and cop their new project at Earth House.
Arrive early to get a seat! Yours truly will be hosting and a number of Indy’s most talented vocalists will be on the bill. Come stressed and leave Blessed!
A Night with Soul Purpose
@ Earth House Collective
237 N. East St.
$20 in Advance/ $25 at the Door
Doors: 6pm Show Starts: 7pm
Here’s the best way to get through a Thursday:
Something to look at…
Cop a shirt!
Download the whole album FREE!
You may not have heard of this short film produced in 2002 by hip hop journalist, Dream Hampton and Legendary Roots Crew Drummer, ?uestlove. I Am Ali is a very troubling, yet very necessary depiction of how the black community struggles to deal with living with loved one’s who have a mental illness. The acting is great, the plot is totally believable, and the characters are even more genuine than what we are used to seeing on the big screen. Be warned, this is not something to watch with kids around. It is mature(not pornographic, just mature), and complex, and does contain profanity.
The conversation I am having with myself is:
What is the right way to deal with a loved one who is battling to get a grasp on reality?
Is there redemption available for someone in this condition, or are they down for the count?