Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- What it Means to Embrace a Dating Relationship Done God’s Way“I did it my way!” This is a line from a well known and well covered Frank Sinatra song “My Way.” The lyrics to the song feed into this idea that a life well lived is one where I call all the shots and, regardless of regrets, it couldn’t have been better because well, “I […]
- 3 Reasons Couples Get Divorced in January and How You Can Avoid ItNo one ever wants to imagine that the joy of saying “I do” will one day end in a trip to the courthouse with a request to call it quits. Before getting married, many couples foresee a lifetime of love peppered with challenges. In their hearts and minds, each couple is convinced there is nothing […]
- Five Lies You Tell Yourself When You Decide to CheatLies. Lies. Lies. When you make a decision to go outside of your relationship with your spouse to get a certain need met that you are convinced you can’t have met within your marriage, you usually come up with some excuse that, on the surface, appears plausible. Well, let me cut straight to it. You […]
- I Am in Love With a Married Man: How Do I Let Go?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been dealing with a married man for a while and I know its wrong, but we just got caught up. I want to walk away and just let it all go, but I didn’t know it would be this hard. I fell in love with him and I don’t know how […]
- 3 Easy Solutions to Cure Your Loneliness When You’re Single“I fought so hard to get this house,” she told me. “But when I come home after a long day of work and I look at the hinges hanging off the doors, I think to myself, ‘do I really have to do this thing called life on my own?!'” The words from this powerful, strong, […]
- Here’s How to Use Prayer to Resolve Conflict in Your MarriageConflict, unfortunately, doesn’t always end with peaceful solutions. When relationship conflicts can’t be resolved, there you’ll find damaged egos, hurt feelings, hateful words, and, sometimes, the end of a marriage. If you feel like your relationship is beyond the point of help, and the conflict has just demolished the communication, the trust, and every other part of your relationship, […]
- 5 Ways to Kick Financial Infidelity Out of Your Marriage in 2018Financial infidelity, like romantic infidelity, is rooted in deception, lying, and secrecy. Instead of holding your cards close to your chest when it comes to your relationship with another person, financial infidelity surfaces when you purposely mislead and withhold information about money and money matters. In December 2010, Harris Interactive fielded the Financial Deception with Partners study on behalf […]
- Are You Prepared? These 4 Things Can Make or Break Your MarriageMy 13 year old son recently asked me a question that many of you are probably familiar with. It’s the good old, “If you fill a glass half full of water, is the glass half full or half empty?” Naturally, I responded with the very wise, adult answer of, “well, it depends on your perspective.” […]
- Should I Disown My Sister For Cheating With My Husband?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My marriage has been torn apart because of the actions of two people that I love to the moon and back. My husband of 6 years slept with my younger sister. My younger sister came to stay with us after she graduated college. We allowed her to stay with us until she […]
- Girl, Wake Up! These 7 Signs Say He’s Stringing You AlongYou have off-the-charts chemistry and he says he’s never felt a connection like this with anyone else before. Maybe you’ve been dating for a while, but you don’t know where you stand with him. Does he want something serious? Is he just moving slow? Or is he stringing you along? You should be excited that […]
- What it Means to Embrace a Dating Relationship Done God’s Way
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: February 2011
This Sunday will be a night to remember. Tasha Jones returns home, hot off the road from the NBA AllStar Games, to host a night to be remembered! Michael Houston and Diverse Fragments will groove you into the mood to relax your soul as Dj Lou Bey spins your troubles away. Got Stress- Feel Blessed- or just wanna show off how well you dress? This is the place, and our mic is open. Come and share your flavor and peep the vibes of some of the most talented poets, rappers, singers, and musicians. Free Expression, open Dialogue, That Leads To Discussion.
$5 Dollaz gets you in all night long. Jiallo’s African Caribbean Cuisine is ready to battle the most selective taste buds in a duel of I Bet I Can Make You Smile. So, bring your frown…an I bet you they turn it upside down.
This is a re post from www.change.org.
Early in the morning on Saturday, Feb. 19th, the Republican Majority in the US House passed H.R. 1, a continuing resolution to fund the government through the end of 2011. As part of their plan, Republicans suggested the complete elimination of the AmeriCorps program. Now, the U.S. Senate is the only thing standing in the way of the end of national service.
To cut federal support for AmeriCorps would be a devastating blow to America’s very core. AmeriCorps members commit themselves to improving communities across America for very little pay. In exchange, these volunteers develop professional skills, learn about challenges facing fellow Americans, and make a measurable difference in thousands of ways.
Please sign this letter if you believe that AmeriCorps is a critical thread in our national fabric, and its impact is even more powerful in challenging economic times. We call upon the Senate to Stand for AmeriCorps by supporting the President’s vision to increase and strengthen AmeriCorps. In these times, more than ever, we need this critical tool to combat poverty, end homelessness, protect the environment, educate our children, support seniors, and provide hundreds of irreplaceable community services.
Today, I played one of my favorite shows ever. It was good to connect with family, friends, and my Public Allies Indy crew..It was dope on many accounts- but I’ll let you be the Judge of that!
Don’t know who this dude is, but I promise I’m twice as iLL as he is…Plus I’m FRESH!
Money Back Guaranteed…
Don’t believe me? Ask my babies!
Come and see me LIVE at the Indianapolis ArtsGarden. I will expose my soul for the love of art on Thursday, February 17, 2011(**new date).
Bring your shirt (Tha iLLEST)! Bring Yo Body…Bring Yo Soul!
Indianapolis hip-hop artist Ill Holiday is about more than break beats and fluid rhymes. Yeah, these are important parts of his music, but in the end it’s more about Ill Holiday’s message of individuality and what he calls “the simple of being cool.” His fans and supporters are called “Illigans,” a term he describes on his website as “those that have decided to take back their freedom to decide what is hot.” Ill Holiday and the All Star Band have played at a variety of Indianapolis music venues and occasions, including the Indiana Black Expo and the Robbing the Bank event at the Art Bank gallery. -Funcityfinder.com
Check out this exclusive footage of how my 9-5 and stage life often collide. Public Allies Staff from around the country are enjoying a meal and are surprised to be on iLLCAM… Milwaukee was live, but I was even LIV-ER!