Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Benefits or Backbone? 4 Reasons to Stop Wasting Time in a Bad RelationshipBy: Ankunda Carrolyn Growing up as a Non-Christian, all I ever wanted was a man who could love me, spoil me with gifts, provide for me, and take care of me (which isn’t bad, by the way). My spiritual eyes had not been opened yet to the importance of marrying a spiritual man. I later […]
- Too Comfortable? 5 Ways to Breathe Life into Your Dull MarriageBy: Dr. George James Has your relationship lost its spark? Maybe you and your partner have become too comfortable with each other and you don’t make the effort anymore. The good thing is that this is a normal phase in every relationship. The bad thing is, if you allow your relationship to get stuck in […]
- Marriage and Money: 4 Easy Steps to Financial Closeness with Your SpouseThis is part of a sponsored campaign with Wells Fargo. All opinions are my own. Recently, I had such a wonderful time sitting on BMWK’s Financial Intimacy panel sponsored by Wells Fargo. Founders of BMWK, Ronnie and Lamar Tyler, strategically positioned this discussion as the kick-off event to their 3rd annual BMWK Marriage Cruise—to make […]
- My Husband’s Sick Mom is Destroying Our Marriage. What Should I Do?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My husband and I have been married for five years. Recently, I left our home that we have shared for the last seven years. His mother is living there now that she is ill, but she has been saying hurtful things to me which caused me to leave for the last month. […]
- It Takes a Squad: 3 Types of Friends Every Woman Needs to Hold Her Down When She’s DatingHave you seen the movie, Girls’ Trip? Theaters around the country were smelling like cocoa butter and coconut oil because the “Sistas” showed up and showed out, making this film a box office success! Maybe we were so excited to finally have a celebration of #BlackGirlMagic and our friendships on the big screen (We haven’t […]
- 3 Ways to Fight for Your Marriage (and Win) After an AffairAffairs are messy. I’m not trying to be glib but for lack of a better word, messy just fits. Everything becomes a mess when a man, or woman, “puts asunder” what God has joined together in holy matrimony. When asked to write this article, I was first reminded of the fight of my life. My marriage […]
- Here’s How My Life and My Marriage Changed When I Allowed God’s Plan to Take OverBy: Angelique Redus-McCoy Two years ago, my family and I moved from our hometown to a city that, quite truthfully, had never been on our radar. I left a job that I loved and where I felt loved. We left the home where we started our family, a home I could’ve lived in forever. We left […]
- Parents: Seek Advice or Parent on the Fly? These 5 Tips Could Help You DecideBy: Dr. George James Is there a perfect way to be a parent? Maybe you’ve read all the books, heard all the stories and watched all the videos. At the same time, there’s a part of you that has tried to figure it out on your own. It is normal to oscillate between wanting support […]
- Did My Husband Cross the Line by Agreeing to Sleep with My Sister So That We Could Have a Baby?Dear Dr. Buckingham, Please help me work through my anger and disappointment with my husband. I married my husband who was also my high school sweet heart. We have been together 10 years and have had problems over the past two years because I recently learned that I could not have children. This has caused […]
- Try These 3 Knock Out Punches When Fighting to Turn Your Marriage AroundWere you deeply in love with your spouse when you got married? Most people are. Here is the person who you have taken the time to get to know, appreciate, adore, and then love. A future together feels right. So, you take the leap. You jump the broom. You join the club. And, for a […]
- Benefits or Backbone? 4 Reasons to Stop Wasting Time in a Bad Relationship
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: February 2011
This Sunday will be a night to remember. Tasha Jones returns home, hot off the road from the NBA AllStar Games, to host a night to be remembered! Michael Houston and Diverse Fragments will groove you into the mood to relax your soul as Dj Lou Bey spins your troubles away. Got Stress- Feel Blessed- or just wanna show off how well you dress? This is the place, and our mic is open. Come and share your flavor and peep the vibes of some of the most talented poets, rappers, singers, and musicians. Free Expression, open Dialogue, That Leads To Discussion.
$5 Dollaz gets you in all night long. Jiallo’s African Caribbean Cuisine is ready to battle the most selective taste buds in a duel of I Bet I Can Make You Smile. So, bring your frown…an I bet you they turn it upside down.
This is a re post from www.change.org.
Early in the morning on Saturday, Feb. 19th, the Republican Majority in the US House passed H.R. 1, a continuing resolution to fund the government through the end of 2011. As part of their plan, Republicans suggested the complete elimination of the AmeriCorps program. Now, the U.S. Senate is the only thing standing in the way of the end of national service.
To cut federal support for AmeriCorps would be a devastating blow to America’s very core. AmeriCorps members commit themselves to improving communities across America for very little pay. In exchange, these volunteers develop professional skills, learn about challenges facing fellow Americans, and make a measurable difference in thousands of ways.
Please sign this letter if you believe that AmeriCorps is a critical thread in our national fabric, and its impact is even more powerful in challenging economic times. We call upon the Senate to Stand for AmeriCorps by supporting the President’s vision to increase and strengthen AmeriCorps. In these times, more than ever, we need this critical tool to combat poverty, end homelessness, protect the environment, educate our children, support seniors, and provide hundreds of irreplaceable community services.
Today, I played one of my favorite shows ever. It was good to connect with family, friends, and my Public Allies Indy crew..It was dope on many accounts- but I’ll let you be the Judge of that!
Don’t know who this dude is, but I promise I’m twice as iLL as he is…Plus I’m FRESH!
Money Back Guaranteed…
Don’t believe me? Ask my babies!
Come and see me LIVE at the Indianapolis ArtsGarden. I will expose my soul for the love of art on Thursday, February 17, 2011(**new date).
Bring your shirt (Tha iLLEST)! Bring Yo Body…Bring Yo Soul!
Indianapolis hip-hop artist Ill Holiday is about more than break beats and fluid rhymes. Yeah, these are important parts of his music, but in the end it’s more about Ill Holiday’s message of individuality and what he calls “the simple of being cool.” His fans and supporters are called “Illigans,” a term he describes on his website as “those that have decided to take back their freedom to decide what is hot.” Ill Holiday and the All Star Band have played at a variety of Indianapolis music venues and occasions, including the Indiana Black Expo and the Robbing the Bank event at the Art Bank gallery. -Funcityfinder.com
Check out this exclusive footage of how my 9-5 and stage life often collide. Public Allies Staff from around the country are enjoying a meal and are surprised to be on iLLCAM… Milwaukee was live, but I was even LIV-ER!