Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Stop Losing Money: Here’s Why You Should Get Help With Your TaxesAccording to Benjamin Franklin, there are only two things certain in life: death and taxes. Unfortunately, this year’s April 18th tax deadline is fast approaching. With a tax code that is 74,608 pages long and changes being made yearly, it’s almost impossible for an individual to be aware of all the tax credits or deductions […]
- 5 Important Things Women Often Overlook Because They’re in LOVEI love my husband. I’ve known him for 20 years and we’ve been married for over 8 years. We have two kids together and a third on the way. Our lives aren’t perfect, but we certainly love what we have built. We’ve been blessed. But can I tell you a secret? My love for him […]
- 3 Things Women Hear When He Says, “We’re Just Friends” that Lead to HeartbreakYou are seriously dating a man (at least you think it’s serious because you are giving him all of your time), but he tells you that you are just friends. What does this mean? Most importantly, what do you hear when he says this? (READ: What a Man Really Means When He Says He Just Wants […]
- The Very First Thing You Should Do When You Want to Improve Communication with Your SpouseThe one thing that people often overlook, when they are trying to improve communication with their spouse, is some critical but necessary self-reflection. You see, when you are lacking in communication skills with your spouse, often times, its because the communication patterns, that were useful at one point in your life, are now outdated and just […]
- Step Family Life: 5 Very Real Concerns of a Biological MotherWhen my husband proposed to me, I was elated. He was finally going to put a ring on it after six months of dating. This was in 1999, so I realize this may seem odd. However, I knew in my heart that he was my husband and I told him this. I knew in my […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage is Going to Be OKHave you ever gotten to a point in your marriage where you thought you and your spouse would never overcome a certain situation? So many marriages reach a period of time where the couple may question everything about their union. Stress, disagreements and just life can easily take us to a negative space where we […]
- 4 Ways to Prevent Emotional Baggage From Ruining Your New RelationshipsInitially when we meet people we meet their representative- the perfect, good behavior version of themselves. But, at what point do you meet the real person? As the relationship is growing towards monogamy and possibly marriage, when are the masks removed, allowing full disclosure to come into play? When do you meet, see and/or discuss […]
- Help! My Husband and I Don’t Agree on When It Is Appropriate to Give Our Child Access to a Cell PhoneDear Dr. Buckingham, My husband and I have different views about age appropriateness when it comes to the use of cell phones by our children.When is it appropriate to give a child access to your cell phone? What if one parent does not think the child will read his or her text messages? What if […]
- Black Buyers Beware: How to Avoid the Retail “Black Tax”I still remember the afternoon I went in search of a new car. Inside the Toyota showroom a Black salesperson casually strolled my way making amiable small talk. When I asked how much I could get off the sticker price (also known as the MSRP or Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) he looked me straight in […]
- Couples: 5 Things to Do When You’re Sick and Tired of Being Sick and TiredHave you ever felt like, during a disagreement with your spouse, that you’ve been there and done that? Maybe it has started to feel like deja vu whenever you and your spouse are at odds. Arguing over the same behaviors over and over again is tiring. It will put an unnecessary strain on your marriage […]
- Stop Losing Money: Here’s Why You Should Get Help With Your Taxes
Upcoming iLL Shows
Monthly Archives: February 2011
This Sunday will be a night to remember. Tasha Jones returns home, hot off the road from the NBA AllStar Games, to host a night to be remembered! Michael Houston and Diverse Fragments will groove you into the mood to relax your soul as Dj Lou Bey spins your troubles away. Got Stress- Feel Blessed- or just wanna show off how well you dress? This is the place, and our mic is open. Come and share your flavor and peep the vibes of some of the most talented poets, rappers, singers, and musicians. Free Expression, open Dialogue, That Leads To Discussion.
$5 Dollaz gets you in all night long. Jiallo’s African Caribbean Cuisine is ready to battle the most selective taste buds in a duel of I Bet I Can Make You Smile. So, bring your frown…an I bet you they turn it upside down.
This is a re post from www.change.org.
Early in the morning on Saturday, Feb. 19th, the Republican Majority in the US House passed H.R. 1, a continuing resolution to fund the government through the end of 2011. As part of their plan, Republicans suggested the complete elimination of the AmeriCorps program. Now, the U.S. Senate is the only thing standing in the way of the end of national service.
To cut federal support for AmeriCorps would be a devastating blow to America’s very core. AmeriCorps members commit themselves to improving communities across America for very little pay. In exchange, these volunteers develop professional skills, learn about challenges facing fellow Americans, and make a measurable difference in thousands of ways.
Please sign this letter if you believe that AmeriCorps is a critical thread in our national fabric, and its impact is even more powerful in challenging economic times. We call upon the Senate to Stand for AmeriCorps by supporting the President’s vision to increase and strengthen AmeriCorps. In these times, more than ever, we need this critical tool to combat poverty, end homelessness, protect the environment, educate our children, support seniors, and provide hundreds of irreplaceable community services.
Today, I played one of my favorite shows ever. It was good to connect with family, friends, and my Public Allies Indy crew..It was dope on many accounts- but I’ll let you be the Judge of that!
Don’t know who this dude is, but I promise I’m twice as iLL as he is…Plus I’m FRESH!
Money Back Guaranteed…
Don’t believe me? Ask my babies!
Come and see me LIVE at the Indianapolis ArtsGarden. I will expose my soul for the love of art on Thursday, February 17, 2011(**new date).
Bring your shirt (Tha iLLEST)! Bring Yo Body…Bring Yo Soul!
Indianapolis hip-hop artist Ill Holiday is about more than break beats and fluid rhymes. Yeah, these are important parts of his music, but in the end it’s more about Ill Holiday’s message of individuality and what he calls “the simple of being cool.” His fans and supporters are called “Illigans,” a term he describes on his website as “those that have decided to take back their freedom to decide what is hot.” Ill Holiday and the All Star Band have played at a variety of Indianapolis music venues and occasions, including the Indiana Black Expo and the Robbing the Bank event at the Art Bank gallery. -Funcityfinder.com
Check out this exclusive footage of how my 9-5 and stage life often collide. Public Allies Staff from around the country are enjoying a meal and are surprised to be on iLLCAM… Milwaukee was live, but I was even LIV-ER!