Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Marriage Hacks That Will Instantly Improve Your RelationshipI’ve been married for almost 9 years to a man I’ve been friends with for over 20 years. What we have isn’t perfect but it works. It’s perfect for us. We’ve faced ups and downs, but we have always done our best to maintain a healthy, happy marriage. We figure if we consistently take small […]
- 3 Warning Signs Someone Is Bread-crumbing You and Isn’t Worth Your TimeHas this ever happened to you? You meet a man (maybe using a dating app) and you have great conversation. He sends you text messages every day and he calls you every night for a week. He then says, “We should get together on Saturday,” and he tells you about one of his favorite restaurants […]
- How to Be a Mom and an Entrepreneur without Failing at BothWhen I began this entrepreneurship journey several years ago, I knew one thing and one thing only: I did not want to work for anyone ever again in my life. I had been fired twice from jobs because I put my kids’ health first. The last full-time job I had was with the federal government. […]
- 5 of the Greatest Life Lessons I’ve Learned Since I’ve Been MarriedDuring my commute last week, I heard a song by Fantasia for the first time called When I Met You. One of the lines in the song really caused me to reflect on my marriage and who I’ve become since I got married almost 20 years ago. The line was “When I met you, I […]
- Chuck E. Cheese’s is Turning 40 and They Are Trying to Set a World RecordYou may not be aware of this, but over the last year I have been participating as a social media ambassador for Chuck E. Cheese’s. I’ve joined a group of social media influencers (named Chuck E. Champions) and we have been tasked with spreading the word about all of the exciting changes and activities that Chuck […]
- #StayWoke: How to Keep Money Problems From Keeping You Awake at NightAre you tossing and turning thinking about your bills? Losing sleep over mounting student loan or credit card debt? If so, you’re not alone. According to a CreditCards.com national survey, sixty-five percent of respondents admitted to losing sleep over money problems, a level of financial insomnia not seen since the Great Recession. At the the […]
- 8 Old School Ways to Meet PeopleMost singles have a sincere desire to be in a committed monogamous relationship. However connecting with the right person in 2017 can be challenging, especially in the real world. With the number of dating apps available, having someone spend their evenings swiping right to left, and constantly viewing profiles on dating websites can cause Online […]
- How I Went from Feeling Lonely to Being Loved on Mother’s DayI never thought I would be a person that made a big deal out of Mother’s Day. You see, those types of holidays didn’t really excite me. Don’t get me wrong, I always took time to honor my mom on Mother’s Day. But I did not know the day was going to mean so much […]
- 3 Times It’s OK to Let Your Guards Down and Be Vulnerable in a New RelationshipI get it: You’re suffering from PTLD (Post Traumatic Love Disorder). You opened your heart. You loved hard. You went all in. And then it happened: You were abandoned. Rejected. Hurt. Disrespected. Heartbroken. You’re “over it” now, you’ve forgiven the other person and you’re moving on. But deep inside, you’re still struggling to drop your […]
- The 4 Pillars of Trust that Must be Present in Every RelationshipTrust is the currency of every relationship, and just like money, it’s value could either depreciate or appreciate over time, depending on the events and/or investments made. Trust mimics this same attribute and, in this case, the investments are directly related to the actions and/or in-actions of both spouses in the relationship, which could enhance and […]
- 3 Marriage Hacks That Will Instantly Improve Your Relationship
Upcoming iLL Shows
Category Archives: Videos
www.illholiday.com- So, what does iLL do when he goes back to school? Last year, I left my safety zone! I left home, quit my job, gave up Facebook, left friends and my old neighborhood. I had no idea what lied ahead. I had no idea that I would end up moving 3 times in 6 months, become the mentee of a top exec at the largest software company in the world, experience the pressure that led 2 classmates to commit suicide this year, rock my first college house show, drop way below a 4.0 gpa, visit the Council on Foreign Relations, meet an US Ambassador for a briefing at United Nations, and deliver my first TED talk.
Ups…Downs…And all around…All the highs and lows gave my psyche whiplash from the sharp turns of this ride. However, I am on this ride to get the prize! I needs that degree! This new year has given me a new outlook. I don’t have it all figured out, but I do have one thing figured out… This will be the making of me!
Check out a few things that made this year special for me.
This selection of shots and photo’s don’t tell the whole story of ‘When iLL went to school.” To keep up on what I am seeing and how I am doing, stay tuned to the following social media sites:
Any artist that is faced with a crowd like this must first acknowledge that they will not, and can not measure up to the need of the crowd. They must call for backup. They must call on the giver of the gift. So that’s just what I did. Continue reading
Round 1: DREAM
Stuart A. McIntyre is represented exclusively by Steam Films.
See more of his work here: http://vimeopro.com/steamfilms/stuart-a-mcintyre
Production House: Steam Films Executive Producers: Krista Marshall Director: Stuart A. McIntyre Producer: Paul Matthews Cinematographer: Kris Belchevski Camera Operators: Stuart Cameron, Claudio Manni, Luis Moreira Editing: Posterboy Edit Executive Producer: Michelle Lee Editor: Stephan Sora Colour: Alter Ego Executive Producer: Greg Edgar Colourist: Wade Odlum Online: Motor VFX Flame Artist: Daniel Kelly Music House: Apollo Studios Executive Producers: Benedicte Luneau, Koo Abuali, Phillipe-Auburt Messier, Yan Dal Santo Music: Mathieu Brault, Daenen Bramberger, Mike Wise Sound Design: Yan Dal Santo
Full Campaign Here: http://www.louisvuittonjourneys.com/thegreatest/ www.steamfilms.ca www.steamygoss.tumblr.com Facebook.com/Steamfilms Twitter.com/SteamFilms
Round 2: WORD
Full Campaign Here: http://www.louisvuittonjourneys.com/thegreatest/ www.steamfilms.ca www.steamygoss.tumblr.com
iLL Show ALERT: Dope Music [plus] Good Food [plus] Wierd People [minus] Anything played on the Radio = IMAF 2012
The Independent Music and Arts Festival [IMAF] Presents iLL Holiday and Luke Austin Daugherty! Continue reading
Emeli Sande: She’s already an international superstar! Why haven’t you ever heard of her? Continue reading
Shad is not a newbie to the game. Cats from Vancouver to Nairobi know his name. The hardest thing to figure out is… Why is he new to you?
If you are looking for more…Search here, you soul carnivore!
As the US continues to go head over hills for the Queen of Young Money, something fierce is brewing in the UK. Continue reading
“Put out a great piece of work- that’s your press kit!’- 9th Wonder Continue reading
Whitney Coleman teams up with Indie Super Director- Jace for what will be one of the greatest releases of the year Stranger Pt. 2 Love Me.
Teach your babies to fly and they will carry your hopes and dreams across seas, mountains, and borders! Love them… teach them and warn them! If you are so fortunate, they will sing a song like this to you one day!
African author M.K. Asante reminds scholars to take 2 sets of notes. Yep, he’s an iLLIGAN!
Learn More about M.K. Asante by visiting http://www.mkasante.com
Every once in a while
Somebody comes with a style
That will make a grin
Turn into a full smile
It’s not Everyday
That you feel this way
Dope is Dope
& iLL is iLL
@ that is OK
But what about when
Dopeness finds a friend?
What do you do
when when your friend’s dope too-
Life takes a dope spin!
Whitney Coleman is an unashamed Christian who’s style and flavor is enough to appeal to the masses. She has a take-charge stage presence that leaves crowds begging for an encore. This is not to take away from her soothing class. On her newest single, Whitney teams up with fellow Dope rhymer Alpha.live to deliver a great track for the summer. Even though they both reside in a town that’s better known for race cars and brawling basketball teams, than soul and lyracism; together, they put a familiar face on the circle city.
This face is the face of Dopeness!
Enjoy this new song [Feelings ft. Alpha.live] off of Whitney Coleman’s new Album, The Love Chapter: Lessons From A Human Heart
… Must Be Love!
Cop the album HERE!
The GOP caused a big fit a few weeks back about Hip Hop Artist, Common. They were upset that he was booked by the White House for a performance.
I just had the opportunity to catch a clip of his performance.
Listen to the words. Common offers a classy performance of spoken word for the White House.
What are your thoughts about this piece?