Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Marriage Hacks That Will Instantly Improve Your RelationshipI’ve been married for almost 9 years to a man I’ve been friends with for over 20 years. What we have isn’t perfect but it works. It’s perfect for us. We’ve faced ups and downs, but we have always done our best to maintain a healthy, happy marriage. We figure if we consistently take small […]
- 3 Warning Signs Someone Is Bread-crumbing You and Isn’t Worth Your TimeHas this ever happened to you? You meet a man (maybe using a dating app) and you have great conversation. He sends you text messages every day and he calls you every night for a week. He then says, “We should get together on Saturday,” and he tells you about one of his favorite restaurants […]
- How to Be a Mom and an Entrepreneur without Failing at BothWhen I began this entrepreneurship journey several years ago, I knew one thing and one thing only: I did not want to work for anyone ever again in my life. I had been fired twice from jobs because I put my kids’ health first. The last full-time job I had was with the federal government. […]
- 5 of the Greatest Life Lessons I’ve Learned Since I’ve Been MarriedDuring my commute last week, I heard a song by Fantasia for the first time called When I Met You. One of the lines in the song really caused me to reflect on my marriage and who I’ve become since I got married almost 20 years ago. The line was “When I met you, I […]
- Chuck E. Cheese’s is Turning 40 and They Are Trying to Set a World RecordYou may not be aware of this, but over the last year I have been participating as a social media ambassador for Chuck E. Cheese’s. I’ve joined a group of social media influencers (named Chuck E. Champions) and we have been tasked with spreading the word about all of the exciting changes and activities that Chuck […]
- #StayWoke: How to Keep Money Problems From Keeping You Awake at NightAre you tossing and turning thinking about your bills? Losing sleep over mounting student loan or credit card debt? If so, you’re not alone. According to a CreditCards.com national survey, sixty-five percent of respondents admitted to losing sleep over money problems, a level of financial insomnia not seen since the Great Recession. At the the […]
- 8 Old School Ways to Meet PeopleMost singles have a sincere desire to be in a committed monogamous relationship. However connecting with the right person in 2017 can be challenging, especially in the real world. With the number of dating apps available, having someone spend their evenings swiping right to left, and constantly viewing profiles on dating websites can cause Online […]
- How I Went from Feeling Lonely to Being Loved on Mother’s DayI never thought I would be a person that made a big deal out of Mother’s Day. You see, those types of holidays didn’t really excite me. Don’t get me wrong, I always took time to honor my mom on Mother’s Day. But I did not know the day was going to mean so much […]
- 3 Times It’s OK to Let Your Guards Down and Be Vulnerable in a New RelationshipI get it: You’re suffering from PTLD (Post Traumatic Love Disorder). You opened your heart. You loved hard. You went all in. And then it happened: You were abandoned. Rejected. Hurt. Disrespected. Heartbroken. You’re “over it” now, you’ve forgiven the other person and you’re moving on. But deep inside, you’re still struggling to drop your […]
- The 4 Pillars of Trust that Must be Present in Every RelationshipTrust is the currency of every relationship, and just like money, it’s value could either depreciate or appreciate over time, depending on the events and/or investments made. Trust mimics this same attribute and, in this case, the investments are directly related to the actions and/or in-actions of both spouses in the relationship, which could enhance and […]
- 3 Marriage Hacks That Will Instantly Improve Your Relationship
Upcoming iLL Shows
Tag Archives: Blue Moon Sunday
Any artist that is faced with a crowd like this must first acknowledge that they will not, and can not measure up to the need of the crowd. They must call for backup. They must call on the giver of the gift. So that’s just what I did. Continue reading
If you know anything about today’s soul music scene, you must know about Khari Lemuel!! He is the embodiment of soul meets spoken word. Khari is a singer, composer, writer, and classically trained cellist. Trained in 8 different instruments, he has been playing cello professionally since the age of 3. Both Oprah and Good Morning America’s Charles Gibson sing his Praises.
This Sunday you can experience Khari LIVE at Indianapolis’ Premier Poetry/Jazz Set, Blue Moon Sunday.
Hailing from the Windy City, Khari, brings a style and flavor that can only be rivaled by the greats. Even though he is well under 40, his style and flavor remind you of something mama ‘anem used to listen to. So this Sunday is the Sunday to grab your date and prepare to do some serious chillin.
If you are an artist, you can also share at Blue Moon Sunday. The open mic is always one of the high points of the night. With performances spanning the genres of poetry, jazz, hip hop, comedy and gospel; Blue Moon’s stage is one of the most welcoming stages you’ll find anywhere.
Our host is the ever stylish Tasha Jones and the house band is Diverse Fragments Featuring Michael Houston.
Seeya Sunday at 7pm at the Madame Walker Theatre!
Come and enjoy tunes by our feature: Kenye Fudiyah
K.Fudiyah is a Midwestern artist whose family is from Sierra Leone, West Africa. Since the age of 5, K. Has been performing music, starting in church and school. Her greatest musical influence is the late great Bob Marley. “I respect his message and his lyrics are jam packed with words of wisdom.” K.’s personal sound is a unique blend of Hip Hop, Reggae and Soul. She writes her own songs and while she enjoys recording, she becomes alive on stage. Most recently K.Fudiyah has been performing at various venues in her home state of Indiana, while completing her BS Degree at Indiana State University, and awaiting opportunities to perform around the nation and worldwide. Her live show includes covers from R&B and soul greats as well as her own music which exudes Hip Hop and her love for the Motherland. “When people see me perform, I want them to walk away feeling like they just ate real good.” Come see her LIVE at Blue Moon Sunday.
Check out what KirkPatrick has to say about Blue Moon Sunday….
This Sunday will be a night to remember. Tasha Jones returns home, hot off the road from the NBA AllStar Games, to host a night to be remembered! Michael Houston and Diverse Fragments will groove you into the mood to relax your soul as Dj Lou Bey spins your troubles away. Got Stress- Feel Blessed- or just wanna show off how well you dress? This is the place, and our mic is open. Come and share your flavor and peep the vibes of some of the most talented poets, rappers, singers, and musicians. Free Expression, open Dialogue, That Leads To Discussion.
$5 Dollaz gets you in all night long. Jiallo’s African Caribbean Cuisine is ready to battle the most selective taste buds in a duel of I Bet I Can Make You Smile. So, bring your frown…an I bet you they turn it upside down.
Once Every Blue Moon there comes an event that you just can’t miss. You know it when it comes. It’s different than what you are used to. It’s “special”.
Once Every Blue Moon you meet someone special who makes you wanna do things you have never done before.
Once Every Blue Moon you find an artist that no one knows about, but is better; more pure, more sincere, and more talented than any art you’ve ever experienced.
Once Every Blue Moon there comes an event that can not be imitated. It’s Unique. It’s Blue Moon!
Tasha Jones could be nominated for a GRAMMY! That’s right the prolific writer, performer, model and inspirational speaker- Tasha Jones, is being considered for the most prestigious award given to recording artists.
All members of NARAS can help her make the short list. The project up for consideration is her recording “Poems, Lyrics & Reservations” under the Spoken Word Category.
Besides traveling the country spreading inspiration in words; Tasha is gearing up to host the return of one of her hometown’s most successful open mic events, Blue Moon Sunday. In it’s heyday, (2004-2006) Blue Moon Sunday was a cultural magnet for anyone in the Region thirsting for organic creativity. Tasha was a regular contributor to the open mic as well as one of the show’s biggest draws as a feature performer. Look for her January 9, 2011 as she and some of the areas dopest performers bring Indiana’s most infamous open mic event to the Historical Madame Walker Theatre.
Blue Moon Sunday will also feature: iLL Holiday, Dj Lou Bey, The Michael Houston Band, and the dopest artists, performers, and poets in the Midwest.