Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught MeAnniversaries are super special in my house. I would never have imagined being married to my husband for eighteen years. Real talk, my parents didn’t even think my husband Don and I would remain married past the first six months. They expressed this to us more times than I can count. Why would my parents […]
- 5 Habits of People with Money… They All Do This!There are many many ways that people with money make the money, from starting their own business, to real-estate investing, to a having a highly successful career, or to investing in stocks. However, no matter how they make the money, the people with money have these 5 basic habits in common. 1. Create a budget […]
- 5 Signs Your Marriage Needs Help (And How to Get It) Ever felt like something in your marriage was a little off? Maybe you and your partner just weren’t connecting the way you should and you knew you both could do so much better. Well, the truth is, you can. The very first step toward doing better is recognizing something is wrong. When couples aren’t on […]
- 5 Conversations You Can’t Avoid If You Want A Happy MarriageIn order for your marriage to stand the test of time, you have to be able to communicate your needs, frustrations, desires, and so much more. Without communication, your marriage inevitably suffers. Effective communication is the cornerstone of a happy marriage. But what some people fail to realize is that it’s not just a matter […]
- 30 Serious Consequences of Infidelity…Take HeedInfidelity is by far one of the worst things that can transpire in marriage. Trust me, I know from personal experience! It violates everything built between you and your spouse in such a personal way. Majority of us who’ve been cheated on didn’t see it coming…I know I was blindsided for sure! “I am deeply […]
- Help My Wife Left Me! How Can I Become a More Nurturing and Sensitive Husband?Dr. Buckingham, I feel like I am in hell. I am separated from my wife and do not know how things got so messed up so quickly. She recently moved out with our 10 year old and 14 year old children. I tried my best to be a good father and husband, but my wife […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You May Have Already Met Your Perfect Match and You Don’t Even Know ItWhere are all the good men? If you’re a smart, successful, marriage-minded sista, and you’ve found yourself asking that question out of frustration, I have some good news. According to some experts, once a woman turns 30, there’s a 70% chance she’s already met the love of her life. Your future husband could be a former classmate, […]
- 5 Things Every Wife Needs Her Husband to UnderstandIf there is anything almost nine years of marriage has taught me, it’s that I can’t get my husband to read my mind. Yep, despite my best efforts, that brotha just can’t do it. Consider it a shortcoming if you must, but I realize that he’s just human. My husband is actually human. Shocking, right? […]
- How to Stay Together When Your Family and Friends Want You to DivorceFor years, my husband Don and I had an extremely rocky marriage. During those tumultuous years, I confided in a lot of girlfriends. I told them everything he did and did not do. I was painting a picture of him that had them not speaking to him or wanting to be around him. When things […]
- Communication in Marriage: 4 Signs You and Your Spouse are Finally MaturingOkay let’s be honest…if you’re with someone for any extended period an argument or two is inevitable. Sometimes the smallest things just turn into WWII for no reason. Emotions get high, things are said that shouldn’t be, and then a week later you’re still mad at each other. Let’s just say my wife and I […]
- Top 3 Things that 18 Years of Marriage Have Taught Me
Upcoming iLL Shows
Tag Archives: Rick Ross
Any artist that is faced with a crowd like this must first acknowledge that they will not, and can not measure up to the need of the crowd. They must call for backup. They must call on the giver of the gift. So that’s just what I did. Continue reading
www.illholiday.com- Check out this Remix to Rick Ross’ BMF.
Caution, if you aren’t ready to laugh- don’t watch!
What’s more funny than the singing and gospel music gestures, is the fact that we love music more when it is totally narcissistic. As rappers go further and further to let others know just how great they are, I can’t help but laugh at the thought of how humble they become when standing in front of a judge. We easily slip in and out of persona- from big meech to working man tryna support his family.
No knock on Rick Ross- knock on the Devil for making it so entertaining.
www.illholiday.com- I was not going to touch this with a stick at first. But-I changed my mind after hearing the song.
Gospel Rapper Bizzle gets industry fame off of his last 2 dis records of Jay-Z.
Even though he is one of many, many Holy Hip Hop artists that have taken exception to Mr. Braggadocious, Bizzle has managed to garner national press in the process. This makes me wonder a few things…
1. Why does anyone care?
2. Does this mean that others (bloggers, artists, hip hop fans, Industry Execs) secretly agree with Bizzle?
3. Are we looking for Jay to reply?
4. Does this mean that all we have to do is drop a beef song to get national exposure?
I don’t know. I never have and never will be a Jay-Z fan, but I can’t say I’m a Bizzle Fan either. I am, however a fan of art. From that stand point I challenge myself to say, “Talent at what cost?” The host of reasons that Jay doesn’t appeal are all around what he stands for in contrast to what I stand for. We just don’t see life the same way. Many of the points Bizzle makes strike emotions in me, as well as those who already don’t like Jay-Z, but what is gained from this? Can there be anything gained besides more people hearing their first gospel rap song?
What do you think?