Sign Up To Get Down
Voices at Penn
iLL Days Past
- August 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (10)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (5)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (8)
- January 2011 (6)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (14)
- June 2010 (29)
- May 2010 (1)
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018
- 3 Reasons Why the Holidays are the Best Time to Find LoveWhen you’re single for the holidays, it seems like there’s a never ending string of reminders that your relationship status is stuck at “it’s complicated,” despite everything you’ve tried. December brings Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and with it, parties that require a “plus one.” You also get bombarded with a flood of engagement announcements […]
- My Fiancée is a Nervous Wreck: Can Therapy or Medication Fix Her Anxious Behavior?Dear Dr. Buckingham, My fiancée has issues with anxiety and I am not sure if I can cope with her issue for a lifetime. She is always anxious and her moodiness is driving me crazy. Whenever she feels overwhelmed, she shuts down and becomes unproductive. I asked her if we could start planning our wedding […]
- Sisters: Consider These 3 Important Things Before Giving Up the GoodsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Sex is a natural part of human life. We don’t have to deny it and we shouldn’t feel ashamed to talk about it. As women, we’ve been so conditioned to think a certain way and act a certain way to be labeled as a ‘lady’ or a ‘good woman’ to ensure […]
- Ladies: 3 Signs You Want a Relationship for All the Wrong ReasonsBy: Radesha “Desh” Dixon Relationships are a great thing when they are right. Two people coming together and sharing a deep, loving bond that is pure, honest, genuine and nothing short of divine – that is powerful. When two people are aligned to each other’s life vision and come together to better each other’s lives, what […]
- 4 Creative Ideas for Bringing the Fun Back Into a Stale RelationshipChances are you’ve heard of and probably taken part in some sort of annual spring cleaning. It starts with taking a look around your home and identifying areas rife with cobwebs, dust, and musty odors. You then begin the long, arduous process of scrubbing and cleaning. Sometimes, it seems the more we clean, the more dirt we […]
- Ditch the Baggage! 4 Life Changing Keys to Getting the Marriage You WantEnvision going through an airport with bags in your arms, bags on your back, bags on wheels, and pushing a stroller all at the same time. You’re working up a sweat, frustration is setting in, and the destination that brings the struggle to an end looks so far away. Now translate this to your everyday life. Daddy was […]
- Why Do So Many Christian Couples Fail at Marriage?Dear Dr. Buckingham, I have been reading your articles for some time now and I notice that you often talk about God and often encourage people to pray. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, but we are having problems because we do not operate as one or put each other first. […]
- 10 Ways to Reclaim Your Time and Get Emotionally Intimate With Your SpouseEmotional intimacy is how close you feel emotionally to your spouse. It speaks to the type of connection that you share with one another, the non-sexual affection that you show, and how you communicate, openly and honestly. In its simplest terms, emotional intimacy speaks to the friendship that you share with your husband or your wife. One of […]
- Best Dating Advice? These 12 Made Our List!Well, it’s the last month of 2017. For many singles, the year has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of crazy! Whether you’ve been hooked up through a mutual friend, swiped your way through Tinder, or took a chance on a co-worker, you have yet to meet your soulmate. If you find yourself at […]
- 3 Things that Could Hijack Your Relationship in 2018
Upcoming iLL Shows
Tag Archives: Rick Ross
Any artist that is faced with a crowd like this must first acknowledge that they will not, and can not measure up to the need of the crowd. They must call for backup. They must call on the giver of the gift. So that’s just what I did. Continue reading
www.illholiday.com- Check out this Remix to Rick Ross’ BMF.
Caution, if you aren’t ready to laugh- don’t watch!
What’s more funny than the singing and gospel music gestures, is the fact that we love music more when it is totally narcissistic. As rappers go further and further to let others know just how great they are, I can’t help but laugh at the thought of how humble they become when standing in front of a judge. We easily slip in and out of persona- from big meech to working man tryna support his family.
No knock on Rick Ross- knock on the Devil for making it so entertaining.
www.illholiday.com- I was not going to touch this with a stick at first. But-I changed my mind after hearing the song.
Gospel Rapper Bizzle gets industry fame off of his last 2 dis records of Jay-Z.
Even though he is one of many, many Holy Hip Hop artists that have taken exception to Mr. Braggadocious, Bizzle has managed to garner national press in the process. This makes me wonder a few things…
1. Why does anyone care?
2. Does this mean that others (bloggers, artists, hip hop fans, Industry Execs) secretly agree with Bizzle?
3. Are we looking for Jay to reply?
4. Does this mean that all we have to do is drop a beef song to get national exposure?
I don’t know. I never have and never will be a Jay-Z fan, but I can’t say I’m a Bizzle Fan either. I am, however a fan of art. From that stand point I challenge myself to say, “Talent at what cost?” The host of reasons that Jay doesn’t appeal are all around what he stands for in contrast to what I stand for. We just don’t see life the same way. Many of the points Bizzle makes strike emotions in me, as well as those who already don’t like Jay-Z, but what is gained from this? Can there be anything gained besides more people hearing their first gospel rap song?
What do you think?